Astronomical Consequences

Astronomical Consequences

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

 

Every slip of the tongue

Is another shooting star

       I miss…

              Can’t wish upon.

Within the moon’s protective glare

Are the secrets that sleep

During the day…

       If awoken by the sunrays

The earth’s axis would dry up

Causing the world to stop spinning

Making high noon and the witching hour

One in the same…

       Two personalities

              Becoming one

Till the sky is a permanent gray

Before the big bang.

© 2010 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a really interesting spin on the Hegelian dialectic i.e. thesis, antithesis, synthesis. It's interesting to see what happens when opposites collide ... it seems there is a sort of dullness or sameness suggested that nevertheless precludes a further, startling action. What interests me also is the emotion that may have informed this lofty thinking ... I often measure who and what I am against that light from the stars, which started many years before just to reach my eyes. Brilliant. Great line breaks too. Very lyrical and effective RRC.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Every bitter word from your tongue builds and builds towards the final climax of goodbye...........excellent

Posted 12 Years Ago


hmmmmmm....the image selected set my mind to see this pieces as roots being torn off and foundations being elevated into another realm....the ending confirmed the moment of creation having no set formula or limitations - we never know when things will fall upon us (inspiration, life changing moments and our love being ignited) this was a wonderful abstract to me that can be taken in different ways.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wonderful tale - succinct and beautifully descriptive!

Posted 12 Years Ago


grips attention rapt~ what a lovely celestial dance with existence~ gorgeous~

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very deep, a nice piece of work. I like the word play and the imagrey you painted. A nice title as well, which pulled me in initially. I like your originality in your writing. keep it up friend.

luv kena sungoddess dawn

Posted 13 Years Ago


Not sure where the metaphor is, if there is one .. the night and day, the two sides of a character .. whichever, you've worded thoughts that really have me thinking. The sky, the view we have on life, is grey until we open up our thinking ..

'Every slip of the tongue
Is another shooting star
I miss…
Can’t wish upon.'

We need contradiction, we need everything .. otherwise we miss it all.


Posted 13 Years Ago


The imagry in this is amazing! Puts me out into the universe, and also i see the beauty of two people combining their lives to become one force, definately a wonderful piece of work!!


Posted 13 Years Ago


Ok. I'm taking this astronomy class this summer and boy let me tell you, this drew me in like crazy Dale! I LOVE this. I don't even think I can really highlight a specific point that I liked best. I've never really read someone on here before who's done such a thing. CREATIVE! Oh the Big Bang. I think this is your best. Outstanding.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Huh this is so interesting. It's short, but has a lot to say. Your imagery is interesting and the ideas aren't things I often stumble upon in others writing.
My favorite part:
"Till the sky is a permanent gray" Curious image
Great piece :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Its what happens after the Big Ban which concerns me.
Look what happened last time.We did

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

887 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 9, 2010
Last Updated on May 9, 2010

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mercy Mercy

A Story by Coyote Poetry