A Whisper Of Wind

A Whisper Of Wind

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

Just a little something

"

 

 

A whisper of wind

is nature expressing

the importance of humanity.

 

So stop the roar of gossip

and deafening selfishness

before a hurricane

becomes the only means to an end.

© 2010 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Too often people wrap themselves up in gossip, and indeed cause a storm with their lies and falseness....it can be very ugly.
But your words make it sound like a softer event, and not quite so harsh. Perhaps with enough warning, people will cease to stir the storms up and be content in truth.
;)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I really like this piece. I think the shortness works very well. You really made me think. I like when a piece makes me read it more than once, and yours did here. My only issue with this is that the title is repeated in the first line. I would suggest either using the title itself at the first line, then beginning the poem with "is nature expressing", or finding a new title.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
Amen to that, brother!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Some sound words of advice there, thorough enjoyed!

Posted 13 Years Ago


omg this was fantastic; truly! So many brew the storm and then it takes off and destroys...excellent write...

Posted 13 Years Ago


I got a brother that talks like a hurricane, only part is he doesn't know when to shut up,lol. Such a short poem with a powerful message, some are better like this. In a few days Washington D.C. will have a hurricane of deafening crowds descend upon the capital steps.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Excellent. Sometimes I think people love to run others down to make themselves feel superior... Maybe we're all guilty from time to time. Great last line. Kinda a blow to the chops, but so very true.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
. point driven at point blank range ... so point taken ... powerfully poetic ...


Posted 13 Years Ago


Gossip is a very sad and ugly thing. It's sad because after many years I think I realized one thing.. that would be that most people no longer know how to socialize. Capitalizing on another's distress is even more disgusting. This starts with low self-esteem and the need to be better (or appear to know more) in some way than another. It's bullying through and through.. and incredibly shallow! Great words of advice in a simple writing that is a very complex issue that's hard to stamp out.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Much said in such short verse about the gentle breezes of life being beaten into the tragic winds of discontent by those who suffer from the shortage of life skills such as being able to know when to mind your own business. Appreciate how you have so aptly stated the case against gossip.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice thoughtful words here.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1612 Views
41 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 20, 2010
Last Updated on August 20, 2010

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mercy Mercy

A Story by Coyote Poetry


Blackbirds Blackbirds

A Poem by Robin