Midnight Matinee

Midnight Matinee

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

Uh oh I'm in a cryptic mood again.

"

 

Tonight the blanket of darkness

is protecting the innocent

while the new moon searches

for its identity.

 

Streetlamps highlight things

that should never be seen

until the fog rolls in

to play the hero.

 

Shadows start showing emotions

in the form of fear

when the humans stare blankly

at headlights bearing down.

 

The projector still runs

when the sun comes up

to blind the world to the truth

for a few blissfully ignorant hours.

 

© 2011 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

There are terrible things that lurk in the dark. We don't always want to see them. We could our own minds to what is really there. The streetlight stanza makes me think of the homeless who sleep on the streets at night and how some people turn a blind eye or pretend not to seem them. This is a thought provoking write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

There are terrible things that lurk in the dark. We don't always want to see them. We could our own minds to what is really there. The streetlight stanza makes me think of the homeless who sleep on the streets at night and how some people turn a blind eye or pretend not to seem them. This is a thought provoking write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Woahhh...someone has been thoughtful lol
This is incredible lovely....a real profound poem! I see a lot of humanity shadowed through this...easier to pull the "fog" over the eyes huh?
Whilst we are dancing to the wrong tune, we are so oblivious to what is going on!
But - New Moon and all.....hope and not the energy of fear can do wonders :)
Awesome love!
Mwah!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Beautifully written! I immediately thought of zombies (which I'm sure wasn't your intention), but it struck me as the faceless, blank-stared, creatures wandering the night, feeding on the dark. "The fog rolls in to play the hero" (love it!) and the night creatures go back to slumber, while the world wakes up "blissfully ignorant." Excellent!

Posted 12 Years Ago


that fog can last for decades, or even forever

Posted 12 Years Ago


Hm. Wow. I really love this. It makes me think and it reminds me of all those things people don't want to know and want to forget. All the stuff I've seen and have yet to see. Secrets that are better left alone and the like, truths that we don't want to face just yet.

Posted 12 Years Ago


the darkness is so deep. the naked truth and underbelly of our existance comes out to play at night. "...the fog rolls in to play the hero..." That's a great line. The imagery of the projector running is haunting to me too. Nice!

Posted 12 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

516 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 14, 2011
Last Updated on July 14, 2011

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Kisses Kisses

A Poem by Robin


What I Am What I Am

A Poem by KAREN