Lights, Camera... Action?

Lights, Camera... Action?

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

"Once you've made your mark you've made a threat to society"- The Threat by Skid Row

"

 

 

Cranking up the volume on the television

May numb all the thoughts but increases the pain.

For all the artificial friends remind me

That the world is filled with scripted emotions

and empty applause.

A director’s editing to please the masses

Makes for a certain Hollywood ending,

Not the happy one the writer meant.

So staying on this side of the glass

Assures I won’t become a household name,

Then again I miss my chance

In becoming a threat to society.

© 2011 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

We live in a media filled world. People don't read fact or seek real knowledge. I like being unknown. I feel pity for people who have lost their privacy and cannot know peace. I like the last lines. Thank you for a excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Oh the many masks we wear, masquerading as being human. Some pretending to have true hearts with concern for others and those we befriend under the guise of authenticity; without being influenced by media or the words of others. Hollywood and Washington D.C the playground for the phony and deceivers of men.

Posted 12 Years Ago


There is that sense of the hidden lives so many lead... staying anonymous and beyond the course of a thriving legacy... Powerfully voiced here, my friend, with a vibrant feel of emotion and angst.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Television gives it own sense of reality. Many time the truth becomes the truth that the network wants you to see. This is why I am not a huge fan of tv especially reality shows that numb the brain and make no sense. Movies are made to capture the audiences appeal instead of how the writer really wanted it to end. The dramatize everything to make it movie perfect. This is a great poem explaining how hollywood does thing they way they want to.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
it's a media driven society where you put yourself out there for the masses to ridicule..success is now measured on fame..sadly

Posted 12 Years Ago


a viewpoint from another perspective as we can either participate or sit idly by

Posted 12 Years Ago


TV or the idiot box as I call it, is definitely not the place for you. You do much better right (write) here with us and your mighty pen ;)

Posted 12 Years Ago


We live in a media filled world. People don't read fact or seek real knowledge. I like being unknown. I feel pity for people who have lost their privacy and cannot know peace. I like the last lines. Thank you for a excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

We can be more of a threat with our pens and paper than we ever can be behind the machine of TV. Too much control, too scripted as you have said, to many hands in the cookie jar trying to send just the right message. An aware write by you excellent.

Posted 12 Years Ago


who said you're not a threat to society?

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Reality doesn't have a place in the real world or, if it does, people turn away from it, preferring happy endings instead of truth. Your poem reaps the benefit of self knowledge as well as having lived true life, mr. poet.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

382 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 22, 2011
Last Updated on July 22, 2011

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mercy Mercy

A Story by Coyote Poetry