Mindgames

Mindgames

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

Trapped in my brain

seeing the reality from the outside

but powerless to stop the self-betrayals.

I’m walking this razor’s edge

that separates madness from insanity

as if I am possessed.

The psychological cuts on my feet

are the sacrifices from the womb,

the crimson mud it creates

becomes my regrets

making a mess with every step.

Locked in this struggle,

my subconscious has me in a chokehold

as I wave the white flag,

but today the grip shows no mercy.

I fall to me knees

giving in to this winless battle

knowing tomorrow the war inside

will bring me peace of mind.

 

© 2011 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Last line made the poem complete. In a life where peace is hard to find. We struggle to understand the purpose of life.
"Locked in this struggle,
my subconscious has me in a chokehold
as I gasp out “uncle”,"
You are a artist with words. I could discuss this poem for hours.
A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Peace of mind body and soul is a must to thrive in this world, but it is not always possible to have all 3 at one time, therefore we have our own war within us eating away like a cancer depriving us of total happiness. 'Tough' is an understatement to describe suchlikes and the false face senario is even tougher. A disturbing piece here Cowboy but well written and thanks so much for share.
Babs xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


Seems we have to choose how we are in life, not necessarily for others but to survive inside our own ethics. Best not make choices or judgements lest we become the outsider who's judged. Best be led by what touches the heart, guides the mind - surrender or not. Why walk in your own shadow. Be self coz there's nobody else out there like you.

' Trapped in my brain ~ seeing the reality from the outside ' - sad words.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very well written. Vivid imagery captures the reader. Love the last 4 lines. Keep on penning.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Coyote said it best,

A wonderful piece of written art work. loved it from beginning to end.

Posted 12 Years Ago


For some reason this poem makes me think about how our way of life often does match our beliefs, this disconnection can make a person feel crazy...love this poem, it makes me think. As for me, I am happiest when I listen to my subconscious mind.

Posted 12 Years Ago


"uncle"?? can you explain that part? I found it to be very ripping!!


Posted 12 Years Ago


There is that vastness of struggle in the intimacy of self, and you paint this internal war, dark stroke on dark.. Never an easy win.. and it can leave one exhausted and weary.. so vital to keep hanging on.. and yes.. hopeful for tomorrow, my friend.

Posted 12 Years Ago


yep, being there, doing that

Posted 12 Years Ago


The crimson mud sacrifices create..........knowing tomorrow the war inside me is sacrifices from the womb. I am giving in to this winless batttle......with psychological cuts on my feet. I fall to my knees.........as if I am possessed.....awesome!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think we all become weak and doubt ourselves and the steps we are taking in life. This is a great write explaining the process in which we decided which steps to take and let go of the ones we have already walked.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1363 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 23, 2011
Last Updated on July 24, 2011

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A Poem A Poem

A Poem by Sean Allen