The Edge

The Edge

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

A dull blade

Can do more damage

In self mutilation

But the color of blood

Never changes

Despite the velocity

Of blood flow.

Breaking a bone

Won’t make a sound

When you’re alone,

So try and blindfold the truth

And the lies will fall

Upon deaf ears.

Tying your arms behind your back

Still won’t make you

Run faster.

So enter the dungeon

In your mind

To face the nameless beast

Before your soul

Becomes a lair

Guarded by the dragon.

© 2011 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

my status on FB last week..."the edge the edge the edge the edge"...of GLORY of course...
This is very deep Cowboy...and sad...but I suppose wise in lots of ways.
Lies and dungeons and beasts...yikessss....But I do understand where you are coming from.
Lots of food for thought here...
Now I must sleep before work...but this might keep me awake ;/

Thanks for share as always
Babs x

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

We need to look deep inside ourselves and find the answers we are looking for. Locked inside is what we are seeking and knowing who we really are will help us to become better people. If you cage ourselves we will only be miserable and we need to open up and let out our feelings before they consume us. Just because we try to ignore something doesn't mean it is going to go away. It will still be there tomorrow with its full nature intact.

Posted 12 Years Ago


awwww..I happen to like dragons...my nightmares are made up of people...there is honesty in the eyes of a dragon...beware the look of a Man...

Posted 12 Years Ago


Interesting thoughts penned in this one....We all have those dungeons in our mind sometimes..Sunflower..

Posted 12 Years Ago


A great observation piece that applies to so many people Dale, you are right on the button. Those who are into self-mutilation do not truly understand what they are doing to themselves and the people who love them, I have never understood this culture...I guess it is an addiction like any other, but you have to be on the edge of some mind manipulation either by self or others to think so little of yourself.
Sad and truthful...unfortunately.
Beautiful work...
Cheers~

Posted 12 Years Ago


Lies can't change the truth nor ignoring it either. This is really nicely done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I feel truth and lies are mere projections, opinions and points of view. I don't feel we agree on what is true especially when it comes to our own actions and thoughts. True the color blue is always blue but that is an absolute truth most truths when it comes to human are not absolute but subjective to how someone interprets and judges it. Is it true that the people we fight this war against is evil? If we ask them we are evil and if you ask us they are evil so which is true and which is a lie each has their reason for stating their truth and each has their reason for denying that they are evil.

If one tells the truth they are still faced with well you didn't tell it fast enough or on the time table I think I should have it and those cases even though truth is told a person is considered a liar there is always another level of judgement so that people can make the truth fit into their ideal of what it should be or look like. It just isn't as simple as black and white. Never will be.

Posted 12 Years Ago


my status on FB last week..."the edge the edge the edge the edge"...of GLORY of course...
This is very deep Cowboy...and sad...but I suppose wise in lots of ways.
Lies and dungeons and beasts...yikessss....But I do understand where you are coming from.
Lots of food for thought here...
Now I must sleep before work...but this might keep me awake ;/

Thanks for share as always
Babs x

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Huh...nice piece...love the hard pounding rhythm it has. Beautiful words mingling in a dark image that we can easily imagine in our minds.

xxoxx

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love this, beginning to end, the lines capture the darkness so greatly.

Posted 12 Years Ago


the edges of reasoning do not cover truth, just making better liars - interesting and fierce - full of mystery and igniting lots of intensity

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

645 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 8, 2011
Last Updated on August 8, 2011

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Its Okay Its Okay

A Poem by Moflo


Clusterfuck Clusterfuck

A Poem by Moflo