Open Wound(Life After)

Open Wound(Life After)

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

Inspired by a conversation from my favorite muse (Liza Vassallo)

"

 

Peeling back the scab

doesn’t take away the pain,

only prolongs the bleeding

till you have no strength.

 

Letting it turn into a scar

is nothing to be ashamed of,

it just shows you are a human

capable of living after the hurt.

 

Keeping it under wraps is natural

in protecting till it is healed,

to keep it under fancy fabric

is to be broke to immaterial guilt.

 

Let the sunlight keep it dry,

let the rain keep it drenched;

For in the end

nature will keep it real.

 

© 2012 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

We all have our own battle scars from love, life, and many other things. Scars make us who we are perfect imperfectly. That is my favorite phrase that I have come up with. We are all unique with flaws that make each one of us special. We all heal and move on taking those scars with us. To hide these scars is to hide a part of who we are so wear them proudly for we made it through another war.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think a scar is a profound thing and I love the way you bring that out in this poem. truly a piece to read over and over.

Posted 12 Years Ago


True words of wisdom in words. People with no scars had never tested life. Strong ending to a outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


What an empowering write - wisdom threaded through hurt, healing emerging from pain. You let the reader sink into the melancholy, and maybe...glimpse the beginnings of healing through your eyes. Thanks for sharing this piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago


deeeeeeeply felt!! this was a great write... the last line speaks to me in so many different ways... thank you for sharing such an amazing piece!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
?
So many Im sure, including me can also relate with this wonderful piece.
Have so many scars and some I havent allowed to turn to scars yet.
Thanks for posting this one.
Im sure it means alot to Liza and touch so many others too.

Posted 12 Years Ago


just wow! I mean such deep thoughts from a scar..you know I always believe that nature is the best teacher; through natural phenomena we can relate a lot to our lives as well...I loved each and every line...each action - "peeling off dry skin", "letting it turn into scar", "bandaging it" or "leaving it open" ; leads us to a different teaching...This one goes into my library :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Your words bring such depth to our lives... all of us having suffered at some point... all of us still needing to learn how to move on... Thank you for sharing your life and words with us over the years, Dale...

Posted 12 Years Ago


amazingly profound, beautifully written.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

603 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on January 22, 2012
Last Updated on January 23, 2012

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Why? Why?

A Poem by Tate Morgan


~ Dervish ~ Dervish

A Poem by


Kisses Kisses

A Poem by Robin