Bloodline

Bloodline

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

 

 

Crimson drops form

A connect the dots

Of all the faces that come

Together to create yours.

 

Crimson lines form

A maze that never ends

Because there are many ways

To get to your endless destiny.

 

Crimson splatters form

 A gallery of abstract paintings

That those who try to interpret

Finding too many meanings.

 

Blood will seep,

Blood will flow

And blood will gush…

But it will never define

A lifeline. 

© 2019 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is really good, lots of depth and meanings depending on the reader. That's what poetry is all about, I love getting different interpretations. This one for me says we are who we are but are not defined by our family history, a connection yes, but not defined. That aside, I love the word crimson and have used it in a poem I wrote called Crimson 13, never shared it though. I just really love the word and when a poet uses it I have to read it. Great work here.

Posted 4 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

4 Years Ago

Yes I love when people get different interpretations of my work. You nailed what I was getting at.
I have been checking out my own family tree today Dale. Those bloodlines are fascinating to explore.No writers at all, but there are some interesting women there. Moves from country to city feature. Country bumpkin to city dwellers. What will be will be. Thought provoking when you look at the time lines. P!enty to contemplate here.

Chris

Posted 4 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

4 Years Ago

Why thank you Christine. Looking at your family tree can be eye opening.
so true...it does not define a lifeline in abstract terms because we end up becoming who we are based on environment, experience and what is inside the heart...
But bloodlines can be interesting....i find my Sicilian background kind of fun...but there is not another writer in our family for 100 years...
:)))
you are on a roll today....really good visual...

Posted 4 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

4 Years Ago

Thank you again. My muse has been good to me today.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
3 Reviews
Added on July 17, 2019
Last Updated on July 17, 2019

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing