Time

Time

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

just some thoughts in my head

"

                                                                                                

They say time heals all wounds

yet day after day people

are tormented by past mistakes.

the effects causing lingering reactions

bringing self destruction

and often bitter loneliness.

 

They say time is of the essence

but when all we do is run around

taking care of life’s problems

we forget what’s important

so often losing them and in turn

ourselves in the process.

 

They say time is on our side

and somehow I can’t agree

for all time does is take

those we love away from us

and break us down little by little

as our bodies age.

 

Then when I hear time is fleeting

I can’t believe my ears

because the only thing I can see

is time is the only thing that last forever

so just enjoy the here and now

and let time do its thing.

 

© 2008 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


Author's Note

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
Just some thoughts that came to mind... hope you enjoy it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

very well written and great thoughts... they do say that -- time heals all - i still am trying to figure out who this mysterious 'they' are... ha
it takes one day at a time for the healing to happen - we need to take time for ourselves in the busy hub-bub of society...

thanks for this

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

VERY PROFOUND thoughts that came to your mind (does not deserve the "just" that you put in front of that!)

Completely floored and I loved it.


Excellent job. I give it 100

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Exactly. Stop worrying about yesterday and tomorrow. They are not important for if was spend our time consumed by them we will mostly likely miss out on the wonderful things about the here and now. I think we should live our lives for the moments we have and not the ones that were or could be. I say cheers to you and live your life Dale its the only one we have.


Rock On!!!!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow. The third stance especially stuck out for me. My grandfather died a few days ago, and the whole idea of time taking and aging our bodies... fits perfectly. Very beautiful. I love love this.

They say time heals all wounds

yet day after day people

are tormented by past mistakes


YES! If only we could turn back time. We feel this regret would vanish. So true, we never forget our mistakes and time will not correct them. Wow, I really loved this, it fits so perfectly into so many people's lives. We can all relate to it. So perfect, SO perfect. I love it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I enjoyed it .. time marches on .. this is a fact.
Time heals all wounds they say.. this i wonder about .. yes maybe physical wounds but not all..
Dale, this is one of your best poems that i have read. Very good writing.

Chloe
xoxo

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I really did enjoy this piece. I can totally relate to the entire part, I believe they are all thoughts we have had subconsciously before, but it's pretty amazing that you were able to get it into words....let alone, real poetry. :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Interesting view point presented in well written prose. Time is omnipresent men split it up for their own convenience into past present and future

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

All so very true and well written. Wonderfully penned. Great job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I really like this poem. It's all true. I think we have to take ourselves away from the world and do an inventory. There are many things we could cut out, or cut back with so we have more time for the fun things in life. If you cut out all the people who just want and want and never give...you could be giving that time to yourself instead. Say no sometimes. This is extremely well written. I really like how you brought in all the "time pieces"--and sayings.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I'd never really thought about all the different sayings that involve time - and how some of them seem to contradict each other. It seems right now - time is not my friend - always flying by, never have enough of it, and am always left with a thousand things I didn't get done. Which is most likely why I never get any sleep lol. I like how this broke down each sentence - then carries that idea throughout each stanza - and the ending is so true - enjoy the moment - for one saying about time is very true - it flies.

*hugs*

laura

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Some very good thoughts here too Dale, and you're right. Enjoying the present is something so many forget to do. Either they live in the past or worry about the future when right now is all we have control of. :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1431 Views
50 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on March 16, 2008
Last Updated on September 29, 2008

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Time Time

A Poem by Rain


Little Bones Little Bones

A Poem by Bubo