I Think Cupid Needs Glasses

I Think Cupid Needs Glasses

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

just something fun for Valentine's Day

"

 

What’s the deal with cupid?

Don’t get me wrong

He does some wonderful work

But sometimes I think

It’s time for glasses.

Shooting arrows

That hit the wrong mark,

I mean what is he?

A major league umpire.

Or maybe sometimes

He has one to many drinks,

That can happen

When you have

So much responsibility.

Maybe that baby with wings

Needs to take lessons

From Johnny Appleseed.

Or maybe he is just anxious

To spread some much love

To a world needing it.

What ever the case may be

Cupid sure has many stray arrows

That has caused a lot of pain

Which the world doesn’t need.

So little buddy boy

Let’s get that aim tried and true

So you can stop putting

People’s eye’s out

And making love blind.

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh, a great take on the big mistakes we make in love!! I have sure had my share of them!!! smiles
Cute, Dale....really cute, and TRUTHFUL!! Cupid needs to have his glasses changed, or zap off the rose color tinting.
Something sure does interfere with his good judgment at times...maybe, he's had too much Valentine's Day candy, and has the wings weighted down.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Heheh. I have to agree with Legion. There needs to be a Cupid version of the SATs, or maybe a bar exam, because the Cupid we've got now has one twisted sense of humour. Or, maybe, like you said, he just gets a little drunk sometimes. But someone ought to take the bow away the way good bartenders will take your keys.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hehehehe! Yeah! You got it right on this one. I can see, rather hear you reading this aloud with some sarcasm!!! Att-i-tude! Nice!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I did this one get by me...Cowboy, I enjoyed this read a great deal. It flowed like a song and you told cupid like it is...LOL...sometimes he doesn't get it right...and yes a world much in need of love. A great great piece, Dale!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LOL! Nice job Dale. Cupid, a dream, but then, sometimes he hits it right on the head. All of those misses, leading to the one that matters, the one in the end...the keeper. I liked this.

xxoxx
Goddess

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Maybe that's the point Love is Blind! Great take on it and great poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Here! Here! Should have to have a licsenses to be cupid or at least pass some test. I like it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Well said!!!! He done hit me for the last time with that $#%@ing arrow!!! I love the playfulness and I'm sure people are standing in line to "AMEN"! Very cute, very funny, and extremely true write!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Man, this was a great poem. The content was strong and outmatched the artistry. It had great balance. Comedy, Good Imagery, Soul, and Honesty...

"Or maybe sometimes

He has one to many drinks"

That line had me cracking up lol.
What I got out of this great message poem is that sometimes love has good intentions... But sometimes good intentions causes more harm than a little bit. I really like this joint for the subtle wisdom in its overall entertaining format... Good stuff man.


Posted 15 Years Ago


AMEN!!!! The last line says it all!

This was a delightful read.

Peace n Light,
Wicahpi

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good write, I love it. I think Cupid can take a few days off, We would be better off, revoke his licence, or teach him how to shoot. Thank you for the laugh.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

969 Views
66 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 14, 2009
Last Updated on February 14, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing