I'm Amazed

I'm Amazed

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

  

I don’t know what to say,

I am at a loss for words

Which is rare in my case.

 

The more I know you

The more I am amazed

To find how life has been

So unkind to you.

 

Especially all the guys

Who captured your heart

Only to foolishly let it escape

When failing to guard it

With loving care.

 

How can someone not sacrifice

To have a love more pure

Then what even heaven embodies.

 

I’d go through hell to hunt the devil

If it meant protecting it from harm.

 

How can someone not get lost

In your passion that’s as deep and magical

As the Brazilian Rainforest.

 

I know once I entered it

I’d never want to be found.

 

How can someone not suffocate

Looking into your eyes

And seeing beauty naturally breathtaking.

 

I’d being living just to die

And let your lips be my last rites.

 

Every time it crosses my mind

I have to start to wonder

If I am the fool…

Then I simply answer

No way…

It’s the rest of them.

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Dear Dale!
You express such devotion, passion, compassion, loyalty, and commitment that I am amazed at the depth of feeling inside you!...bold and on fire feelings!
This gal had better grab you up....and fast! If she doesn't...she is really missing out on one great guy!!
Please don't ever consider yourself to be the fool!! No way!
Hugs and Love,
Sheila

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is an emotionally intense piece! Wow... Passion and beauty add to this euphoric write. Well penned.
xox
Cherri

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is such a wonderfu pom about love. The emotions and feelings expressed in the piece are rare and that is what makes them so beautiful. I like how you used some of the five senses to show the depth of feeling. This piece is strong and straight from the heart, I can't help but be drawn into the relationship between the author and his lover.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is so beautiful and yes it speaks with great care. You are amazing my friend. Such beauty in your words and heart. A pure pleasure to read!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

sweet and love the trip!

"I'd go through hell to hunt the devil
If it meant protecting it from harm."

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Those questions can be asked in so many different ways and yet the answers are never enough to explain why the questions exist in the first place. Why do men work so hard to obtain love and once we possess it we forget about it to only pursue the promise of a new love. Is the beauty of woman so wonderful that we must pursue it always and never enjoy it when we obtain it. Is that some beauties just can't accept that a man can love them so deeply. Both sides seem to either push away or walk away from loves touch.

Yet here you are saying here I am and I want to protect that which I love. A beautiful way for any man to feel, believe and live. Still it seems the object of our devotion is always more attracted to those guys who destroy their love instead of protect and nourish it.

it is true, sometimes I believe it is true anyway that good guys finish last because we make for great friends. Rarely does a woman see a good heart for it is too pure and too bright to be looked upon. Never let yourself change Dale, remain in touch with your feelings because it takes strength and bravery as a guy to show your vulnerability to women and to love.

Excellent write my friend~

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Dale, I wish all men would see women the way you do. Heck, even partially the way you do would be nice. This is such a wonderful piece, so full of emotional thoughtfulness. Reminds me of that song by Lonestar, Amazed. Nicely done again. Thank you for sharing your soul with us. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow, awesome my dear friend, your writing brought tears to my eyes and are still pouring out. To be loved
like that would be heaven for a woman, and love you back as much. You are a gentle Soul and deserve to be happy to the fullest, thank you sweetie for sharing your beautiful poem with me. God Bless
Hugs Love and friendship
Annie

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

WOW this is a ver nice write to someone you care so deeply for.
It's so true in many cases, you hear it all the time, nice guys finsih last
and nice girls do too, (at times for both) not all the time just to clarify that lol

I know many women who are taken for granted and you ask why? when someone
else can adore them.. and vice versa..

great write, you have a wonderful heart!!



Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

well you got that right sweetie! x0x0x0x excellent writting my sweets....x0x00x0x

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow.. such passion in this writing.. great flow.. they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the writing displays one whereby an unfortunate soul has been with a few unkind prior to the right one who sees the true beauty of this precious soul.. I believe there is that special match for everyone.. he just didn't find her right away or she him.. and for him to uphold her after she has had such a rough road is the most special part of this writing.. loved it!!! =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

796 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 9, 2009
Last Updated on May 10, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Summer Dreams Summer Dreams

A Poem by Kelley