I'm Not Afraid

I'm Not Afraid

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

  

I’m not afraid of my heart

Just scared of my heartbeat,

Trying to figure out what it means

When there is no one to listen.

 

I’m not afraid of living

But frightened of my life,

Knowing the longer it goes on

The better chance I get it wrong.

 

I’m not afraid of death

Simply uncertain of dying,

Wonder what the future holds

For a rebel spirit in the afterlife.

 

I’m not afraid of who I am

Just fearful of whom I want to be

Cause I am still apprehensive

Of who I use to be.

 

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You are just becoming a better poet with each passing day, aren't you? This is beautiful and straight from the heart. I think alot of people have the same fears. Not where they are, but where their life is stearing them. There a fear of acceptance and exposing yourself. This was so well written. Flawless really.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I'm not afraid of my heart
Just scared of my heartbeat,
Trying to figure out what it means
When there is no one to listen.

This is a great write! It is full of acceptance and exploration. Really enjoyed the twists in it. Super!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is magnificent. Brilliant write my friend! Beautifully expressed with great flow. So much depth in a short piece. It packs an amazing message...Excellent!!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is just great. It speaks about yourself but a little bit about everyone else. ^^

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

What a wonderful write of personal growth. I think this is one of your best! I am glad you are not afraid of who is looking back in the mirror...you have echoed the fears felt by many of us as we go through this thing called life. Trying to fit the pieces of a complicated puzzle. To make some sense of the image revealed. While I am not sure all of the pieces are given to us, or that all of the image is supposed to be revealed, I am sure that you are well on your way! Nicely done. I am adding this one to the faves...

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This was absolutely brilliant. Made me see such a depth to all of us. What we were... what we are... and what we might or might not become. The words flowed smoothly, yet cut in deep. Excellent, moving write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Flawless is the word my friend! powerful write...loved it! goes straight to my favs! awesome work!



Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I am not afraid-This is a very strong and powerful message. I really like this piece. You have made bold statements showing your intent on your life. This is layed out and written very well. dale, this is a top-notch write. Love it!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WOW! Such powerful words, powerful meanings.. The wondering, yet still no fear. The time to reflect in towfold within your words got me to see so many things.. I like this. It made me reflect on myself, what i thought of the double meaning in my own life.. Liked it all. Yet the first part.. I just went wow!

I'm not afraid of my heart
Just scared of my heartbeat,
Trying to figure out what it means
When there is no one to listen.


Now this I can relate too! For there is so many things I fear not, yet deep within I fear the most are those i never fear.. Your start, has always been my endings..

You are one heck of a writer, ya know?

Mags xx



Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow.. this was profoundly written.. I felt a major turning point running throughout the course of this one.. you clearly amaze with every new writing lately. The flow and content is very open, honest and self-reflective.. I could feel the rebel in you fighting against a past image of yourself.. uncertain and a bit afraid of the next steps.. with so much in it that many feel.. not afraid of death just uncertain of dying..a confusion of sorts of what you will maybe do with the next few years of your life maybe?

I have felt these things more than once.. life is such a journey full of different paths.. and distractions. Yet I almost feel a focus coming in view here.. metaphorically speaking. A higher sense of self.. and trying to find purpose but keeping a part of that rebel.. I hope so.. I think everyone needs a little ounce of rebel in them even in afterlife. Great work.. keep it up! This was inspirational to see yet another side of you!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
A
Loved it! Got me thinking too. Seems like a philosophical poem to me. Very well written! Great poem :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2875 Views
58 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 12 Libraries
Added on November 4, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing