The Ballad Of A Haunted House

The Ballad Of A Haunted House

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

 

The cobwebs that decorate

These abandoned corridors

Catch the echoes

Before they shatter

Like stained glass

Leaving stone cold walls

Heartbreaking red.

 

Animated spirits

Tell the tales

Of the salty mascara

That brings color

To once lifeless tiles.

 

Arched ceilings

No worse for wear

Except for a few cracks

Out of neglect

Cause four eyes

Were always looking down…

Two in hate,

Two in pain.

 

Now abandoned

Like the child without

A headstone

As heaven and hell

Gain a soul

This house seeks mercy

In the form of

A wrecking ball.

 

© 2010 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
:)
I love love love the way you describe this house. It's subtle and yet so full of imagery.

I don't find it creepy; it's a sad house but you are definitely depicting what really goes on in an abandoned house once so full of Energies!

Awesome.... :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

"This house seeks mercy in the form of a wrecking ball"
sounds like my house! I like this write :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What the? I thought i reviewed this!!! I definitely read it! How dare I!!!

I loved it; its creepy yes with an essence of forlorness also[last 3 lines] The flows unreal! Theres excellent phrases ...too many to quote Really I adored it all!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is creepy in a good way. Sometimes, it makes me sad to drive through the old parts of the town I grew up in and to see once happy houses looking so forlorn a people favor something newer and more shiny. Such gems are left sadly behind when all that's needed is a little love and care for these houses to be just as glorious and sometimes even more so than the new versions.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great imagery in this peice, well done..

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great title and imagry, Ive been in a few houses that fit this discription they make your skin crawl! Perfect for halloween, thanks for sharing :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There is such loneliness in this poem - a beautifully emotive write love!
Observation, clarity, edged sword of realisation!
Great poem
xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is creepy but really good at the same time. I don't know if I understand but I think it's telling the story of a haunted house? Sounds like it. Anyways, I like the descriptions and the word choices. Great imagery inflicted into it, too. Good job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wonderful, I like that you're focusing on the haunted aspect as something sad rather then something scary. Good job :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a great poem... I love the second stanza the imagery of the salty mascara bringing color... very good write. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


great job on this ... imagery was amazing in this and found this to be deep and dark making it a very interesting read ... very impressive!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3446 Views
51 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on October 3, 2010
Last Updated on October 5, 2010

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..