Revenge

Revenge

A Story by Sahil Singh

That one mistake cost me everything. How was I supposed to live without them? I took to the dark path and sought to eliminate the people who caused me the life of my family so they could not cause the same problem to someone else’s family.

 My college life was wonderful and I had started at this new university. There I met this wonderful girl named Sarah. It was love at first sight and I knew that I wanted to be with her for the rest of my life. Her voice was as sweet as the nightingale, she dwarfed the beauty of the peacock. She was sweet, caring and understanding. Everything a man could want.

I knew that I could not live without her and we fell in love. My life turned from dark to light. My life filled with tragedy was so overwhelmed with darkness that there was no light for me. But having her in my life changed it and my heart filled with this truly profound happiness. We dated till we got out of university and also till we found our jobs. I was a doctor and she was a nurse. We ate, worked, slept, talked together all day long. Then we took the big step forward and got married. Shortly later we had twins, a boy and a girl. Samuel and Ashley were everything for me and I could not imagine a day without the three of them including Sarah.

But I did not know that fate had a surprise for me. One night while I was gone with my friends for a party late night. A duo of thieves entered our house. Sarah called me to tell me that someone was in the house but I was too late. I could not get there in time. All I found were the bodies of my now dead family. I sat there crying, sobbing for hours and hours. Who knows how long I sat there? I had lost everything. But this act of pure hatred put anger into me. I wanted nothing but to kill those two criminals. I hunted those two down like a cheetah hunting a gazelle. And is the blink of an eye I killed them. Two shots straight to the head were all it took. I looked down at the two with disgust and failed to realize that they also had families back home waiting for them. But I was blinded by anger. I lost everything absolutely everything. Seeing what I had become looking at those two bodies I finally came two my senses. It was over they were dead now. I had no meaning for life any more. So I shot myself at the same spot where my family was shot. Before I did I looked around and took one last look at happiness. There was Sammy’s and Ash’s pacifiers and rockers in a corner. There was the game of chess that Sarah set down before. I remembered that it was game night. We were due to play chess. I grasped the king and queen and then shot myself slowly losing grasp the king and queen had fallen. It was all over. Just like that in one minute.

© 2016 Sahil Singh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on August 20, 2016
Last Updated on August 20, 2016

Author

Sahil Singh
Sahil Singh

Calgary, Alberta, Canada



About
Well I love humor and I love making people laugh more..

Writing
the trash the trash

A Story by Sahil Singh


The pug The pug

A Story by Sahil Singh


The Fan The Fan

A Story by Sahil Singh