August 26th, 2014

August 26th, 2014

A Chapter by Deanna
"

The titles are days that just happen in the story yes the days will be everywhere but that is part of the story.

"

             Tim Jackson stood in front of the packed court room, already warm from the August heat. His blonde hair matted with sweat, and his blue eyes full of hatred for twenty-seven year old, Bill Henkins, that sat down looking at him with a smirk on his face. "Do you Timothy Jackson swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth." Judge Marks said.

             "I swear." Tim said feeling Bill's smirk and eyes taunting him say 'Hit me little boy, I dare you.' Tim hated when people challenge him it made him feel weak when he couldn't accept the challenge but he knew that was what Bill wanted. Not to be brought down alone, and if that meant he had to fight with a seventeen year old high school student then he was willing to do it.

             "Then tell the Jury what happened July 25th. The night Emily James went missing." Marks said his voice still as strict and as hard as ever. Judge Marks was a great guy if he wasn't mad, and cases like this it was impossible to be mad. Emily was a great girl. She was captian of the TJ Hillwards High School's soccer, swimming, and volleyball team. She was also the Cheer Captain since freshmen year. Emily and Tim has been going out since April of last year, and he could still remember her screaming out of help as Bill's car drove away with her as Tim tried his hardest keeping up with car.

             Tim tried to take a breath, but it was hard to swallow it. He looked away from Bill and to Emily's father. Knowing he would still be looking at Tim disappointed because Tim did not follow through with his word. His fault or not, Mr. James refused to blame anyone but Tim. Tim took a deep breath and recalled the day his girlfriend was taken.



© 2012 Deanna


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very good introduction. It shows a lot of pain and emotion that will be portrayed later on in the book. I loved it and great job. i can't wait to read more


Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

334 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 29, 2012
Last Updated on April 29, 2012
Tags: hatred, blame, kidnap, jury, case, august, court room, high school


Author

Deanna
Deanna

omaha, NE



About
I'm never good with words, unless it is a story or a song. But I'm kind of a quite chill person who no one really expects anything from. Even describing myself I'm not good with words. But yea I'm an .. more..

Writing
Teddy Bears Teddy Bears

A Poem by Deanna