chapter five

chapter five

A Chapter by Death Girl

A year goes by and I am still here at the Hudson Adoption home. Now almost 15 in two days and no family has even looked at me since the night at the choir concert. That was the only time I took part in any choir concert or any activity that families would be at. Alex and Max are still here with me but are leaving. They both just got adopted and are leaving tonight. When they leave I am running away as well. The only reason this place was bearable was because of them.

The tree of us became really close always doing everything together. You could barely ever see us apart, weather it was at school, a sporting event, any activity. They stopped going to family events just to keep me company. Now they are leaving me but I am following as a runaway but no one will look for me so I will be fine.

I have been getting ready to leave here over the past few months. I sold several of the schools instruments and stolen money from the school as well. I sold most of what I Owen leaving me only three outfit changes and a pair of worn out shoes. The school never noticed me taking anything or that stuff was missing. April might have been on to me but never said anything due to what happened the night of the concert a year ago.

*Flash back*

"Samantha what were you thinking?" April question after the family left.

"They talked to me and asked a few questions which I answered. I wasn't going to be rude because then they might have thought badly about  everyone here. If you think about it, I did you a favor," I replied with venom and she flinched.

"No because they didn't talk to anyone else. You are a trouble maker always have and always will," She said blaming me.

"Maybe it was because you were yelling at me in front of them and they felt bad for getting me into trouble or they thought that if they talked to anyone else you would yell at them as well. Think about that and will your at it you will act as if they never came and I will not go to school that much unless I want. Don't ever think about taking away my free time again," I said getting so angry my eyes changed to their natural color under the contacts.

My eyes are two different colors and they glow when I am angry or I give a command that must be followed. In this case it was both making it more distinct. While scaring April making her do as I said and never said another word to me again.

*Back to present*

I stole money from April all the time after that night. Every time she would come to say anything I would flash my real eyes to her even though no one ever saw them before but for her to be that scared of me it was worth it. The guys never saw my normal eyes no matter how close we were. It just wasn't something I shared with anyone.

A lot of other things changed that night as well. I became skin and bone even when I ate all the time but just a month went by and I stopped eating. Not even the guys could get me to eat because I just felt empty with no reason to live. They finally got me to eat a little with promises of having some fun or trying something new that they weren't sure about. Even then I still ate very little but stayed just as active, only because I had no choice. As I think about all they have done for me I start to cry for they have done more for me than I for them.

We had a plan for me to get away while they distracted everyone with them leaving. It worked, just as we planned but I went off route as I made it two miles from them I started to get tired and hungry. Stopping at a gas station I just grabbed some candy and chips. While I was waiting to pay the family I saw a year ago walked in but with a new addition. A girl now walked hand in hand with the boy while the parents had big smiles on their faces. I turned away so they wouldn't see me and it seemed to have worked because they walked right past.

I couldn't get so lucky because on my way out I had my head down and ran into the girl. I look up at her and she is glaring at me but before I could say I was sorry she threw me to the ground and kicked me several times before she tried to walk away. Since I won't take a beating laying down I grabbed her angle as she tried to walk away. I pulled her down to the ground as I slowly got up against my body's will and I punched her a few times before I finally got up to my feet.

"Sorry did I do that," I spat and started her down. She tried to keep eye contact but looked away and stayed down. I walked out of their knowing I had a broken rib but there was nothing I could do about it but at least I got a few punches in myself.

"Samantha right?" A women called out and I turned around. It was the mother of the family.

"Yes ma'am," I answered.

"Did you get a family?" She asked.

"I have a family," I said and walked away whispering 'the only family I need me, myself, and I.' At that time I figured I need to let the guys have their happy family and I needed to get out of their lives.

After the encounter I was weak and I left the little I had bought. With how little I was eating I was really close to passing out. I only got two blocks before I passed out. If I passed out from pain or hunger I don't know but it could be a combination of the two.


© 2014 Death Girl


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on November 26, 2014
Last Updated on November 26, 2014


Author

Death Girl
Death Girl

canton, OH



About
I'm 18 and I have over 300 poems, close to 50 short storied, I have 5 songs I've put music to and another 10 that have yet to write music to, and I am working on ideas for a book from a few of my shor.. more..

Writing
Bio Poem Bio Poem

A Poem by Death Girl


8100 8100

A Poem by Death Girl