Seething With Anger

Seething With Anger

A Poem by Deborah Leah Krempa

Seething With Anger

 

S narling and seething with anger

E nraged is the beast within

E veryone is so angry nowadays

T he strong prey upon the weak

H iding resentments that run so deep

I  can see fear in the eyes of mankind

N ever before have I felt such grief

G reed runs rampant in the world today

 

W olves amongst the sheep are we

I  pray for the good shepherd to lead his flock

T o a safe place away from this self destruction

H ell is right here on our precious mother earth

 

A wild animal knows not hatred

N or revenge of any kind he only kills to survive

G reed is a monster that dwells within the soul of a human being

E veryone is so angry nowadays because of the want of material things

R esentments run so deep I can see fear in the eyes of mankind

© 2008 Deborah Leah Krempa


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hi Deb,

So true are these words you've peened. The people of the world are so mad. Sad it makes me fearful of my grandchildren's future.

As always well written words.


Posted 15 Years Ago


Hi Deb,

So true are these words you've penned. The people of the world are so mad. Sad it makes me fearful of my grandchildren's future.

As always well written words.


Posted 15 Years Ago


And so it has always been, I'm afraid. This bad economy has made it hard on all but the rich--do they care?

Posted 15 Years Ago


Truly a powerful piece. I know it seems that greed is greater than it's ever been, but it isn't, nor is corruption, The media makes us believe we live in the worst times ever, but history proves them wrong. We just have a media that can report every flaw within seconds of being discovered. John annd Bobby Kennedy could "never" be our Presidents in these times. John Kennedy was was proven to have so many affairs. There's no question our times are bad, but no where near as bad as in 1929. In the worst economical times in decades, American's gave a historical amount to charity. Your piece was great in that it reminds us of man's weaknesses, and that we can always do better. Great write. Rain..

Posted 15 Years Ago


this is a very powerfull write & a very true on & heart felt write as well! there is fear in mankinds eyes and greed of material things have captured the youth and all ages! Great write! keep up the Good writes .B.P.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Acrostic is one of my favorite ways to write poetry, though at times it can be very limiting. You conveyed your message quite well. I found you poem a pleasure to read. Thanks for sharing. P.W.

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LSS
This one you struggled with, unlike 'Captured on Paper'. The difference is the personal involvement in the subject mater. I'll bet the other flowed smoother. Writing to an acrostic is always difficult at best as your are limited to parameters, but you do a good job at keeping to your theme and getting your points across.
LSS


Posted 15 Years Ago


You put some very deep thoughts and meanings in this breif acrostic work. Excellent metre, great flow!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 2, 2008

Author

Deborah Leah Krempa
Deborah Leah Krempa

Toledo, OH



About
I am grandmother,.. My children and my grandchildren I love them all so very much. They are my gifts from my creator, the blessings in this life. I simply adore poetry and the .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..