Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by McBear
"

This is as much of Chapter 2 that I have as of now.

"

As my eyes slowly see the light, my legs scrape against the floor, and my face delivers a path of blood to the floor below. I must have mashed my face when I fell. The area around me is dim; flickering shop lights protrude through my eyelids making them water. By the time my mind turns back on, it’s already too late. Leather straps cover my arms and legs, and my body lies in a tilted dentistry seat.


“Good afternoon, Nicholas” A distant cackle of laughter echoes into my ears.


I flail in the hope of escaping, but the straps just got tighter.


“There's no reason to freak out, son; you won’t be escaping any time soon.”


A ragged and dirty man makes himself known at that moment. He looks at me, his scarred left eye and ripped lab coat catch my attention.


Damn guy is a freak. His face was covered in dirt giving it a brownish orange tint.

“What do you want with me?” the room around me retains its silence as he continues to stare at me, grinning with his rotten teeth.


“You'll see, son.”


There was a tool bench directly behind him. Saws, Knives, power tools, you name it.


Dear lord, please don’t tell me he is going to use those on me.


Turning around, he lays his chubby fingers on a dull looking handsaw.


“Please! No! I’ll do anything, sir!’


I notice that to the left of him is a whiteboard; tattered with notes and marker smudges.In the middle, it has a picture of a mech leg some sort. Like in those movies where they test new mechanical engineering on people. Simply to see the plausibility


He comes closer now, slowly inching towards me amplifying my stress. His hands held the saw as his expressionless face began to intimidate me. The serrated blades slam into my skin as he makes the guide cut. Blood seeps down to the floor as my voices scream to anyone who could hear. My flesh couldn't resist the blades carving the way for a future scar. His shaken hands became stained with red turning the saw into a blood red sunset. My body became the victim as I passed out in agony.


My eyes flicker to life in what seemed hours later. My leg is now a mechanical equivalent, and the man was looking straight at me.


"Finally my creation is complete." he says laughing.


Around me, the room remained the same. The man, now blood splattered is looking at me to wait for a response.


But what would I say?


Ahem, “Sir?”


His bright and glaring eyes look excited about my ill response. “Why did you do this to me?” my body still trembling in terror


“Oh my dear boy, I thought you’d never ask! But, that is for you to find out. And as for your parents, they are safe and sound. Heh, probably.”


Without another word, he exits the room through the glass door. It had film on it so I couldn’t see outside.


I bend my neck in the hope of finding something that could set me free. I have no clue when he could be back to check on me.


To my right, there was a surgical table. There lay a first aid kit and a pair of surgical scissors. But how would I get them? My body now trapped in this seat has no way of escaping

I tried to shake, which barely moved the dentistry table. A small squeak made its way into my ear.


Were the bolts coming loose?


I continued to shake my body, trying my best not to make a sound. But before I knew it, I, strapped into the seat began to fall.  The substantial impact knocked the table over just in my reach. I quickly reach for the scissors which had fallen and cut the straps off of me. My now free body hits the ground with ease, hoping for a release.


Footsteps sound close.


“What are you doing boy? you shouldn’t be trying to hide from me!”


I quickly run behind a filing cabinet. Luckily, the mech leg didn’t cause any harm. It felt abnormal, though. My heart pounds as I hide silently behind it; the scissors in my hand for protection. The footsteps get closer, closer, but suddenly stop.


The light peeks into my skin as he discovers my hiding spot.


“Think you could hide from me boy?”


He lunges at me with a fist. I steer myself to the right as he punches the concrete wall.


“You son of a b***h!  I'll get you!”


I run to the door. But it won't open.


Come on! I need to get out of here!


His fragile body follows behind me as I try to open the door.


“I GOT YOU NOW!” He says grabbing a knife from the tool wall. “I'll chop you up and eat you!”


The knife swings towards me, but before he hits, I jam the scissors into his neck. Blood pours out like a fountain at a wedding as he gargles his fate


“Nice try a*****e! Can't kill me now!”


His blood covered hands grab my neck in the last resort to attack me. But shortly after they release, he falls to the ground face down in a pile of blood.


I drag his body behind the cabinet I was previously hiding under, blood smearing the floor.


Who even is this guy? My family and I came down here to be protected, not attacked. I suppose I should go and look for my parents and sister.


I move the bloody scissors into my back pocket. They were a mess, but you never know, someone else could try and attack me.


Beginning to look around the room for clues, I get a strange feeling.


If these so called “Shelters,” were here to protect us, then why is there aggressive beings after me? First the robot, then the crazy old man who put this leg on me.

Peering down at my new leg, I feel the metal. It was hollow but seemed to be some hybrid material.


I mean, I could walk with it.


My toes were still able to be moved individually, and that made me assume that this was some inhuman science.


The room was very cluttered at this point. That damned idiot knocked into everything as I tried to escape.  Papers scattered the floor, most looked old, like a newspaper.


I picked one of the newspapers up and begin to read.


The Headline said: “Government Conspiracies Volume 1.”


Flipping the pages, it mainly talked about how the Government had done an experiment on humans that went wrong. Something about how they had planned ---


To my surprise, the rest was washed out and unreadable. All of the other papers on the ground seemed to be notes about the mech leg that I saw displayed on the board.


I roll the newspaper up and put it into my other pocket, as I reach down to read one of the notes.


It read.


“Hello, Dr. Keys. Your new patient will be here soon. I am counting on you to test the mech leg displayed on the board. It has the full functionality that a regular human leg does. The only downfall is that we don’t know if it is safe to use yet. Our goal is to develop body parts that could be substituted for a real one. The model we have provided you with is our first try at this technology. Our previous patients, who are unnamed, sadly didn’t comply. They are currently locked up in a cell in this very building. Anyways, I hope that your new patient by the name of Nick complies with your orders. I have heard that he has a low pain tolerance. If he tries to escape from you, kill him. I wish you luck with the experiment; I will be waiting for your response via email as you are finished. Please detail how everything went so that we can improve on our future designs.


Have a good day Dr.


Regards,


Dr. Smiley.




My jaw drops.


Who were the prisoners, and who is this Dr. Keys! I need to find out. The letter's details may lead me to success!



© 2017 McBear


Author's Note

McBear
Paragraphs are spaced to help me edit them easier. All Critique will be accepted.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I enjoy it.
Maybe, and this is just a suggestion so feel free to deny it, but for the thoughts you could put them in italics so that you don't have to put that it's a thought in parenthesis.
Like I said, feel free to deny it. It's just something I thought you would enjoy.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tag_YoureDead

7 Years Ago

I will reread the chapters as soon as we finish taking notes in History class. :) And I'm actually p.. read more
McBear

7 Years Ago

Alright, no rush as always :) And sometimes you don'y have to follow a plot completely. With this bo.. read more
Tag_YoureDead

7 Years Ago

True, lol. I'm just.. I hate the way my story's come about, it doesn't make sense to me.



Reviews

I enjoy it.
Maybe, and this is just a suggestion so feel free to deny it, but for the thoughts you could put them in italics so that you don't have to put that it's a thought in parenthesis.
Like I said, feel free to deny it. It's just something I thought you would enjoy.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tag_YoureDead

7 Years Ago

I will reread the chapters as soon as we finish taking notes in History class. :) And I'm actually p.. read more
McBear

7 Years Ago

Alright, no rush as always :) And sometimes you don'y have to follow a plot completely. With this bo.. read more
Tag_YoureDead

7 Years Ago

True, lol. I'm just.. I hate the way my story's come about, it doesn't make sense to me.
this is amazing and interesting chapter. i cant wait to read more


-rose

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

319 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2017
Last Updated on February 11, 2017


Author

McBear
McBear

ℬearabooluba, PA



About
Hey guys! I'm Nick, and I am 18 years old. I love piercings; I currently have my Industrial, and Ears pierced. I also enjoy Rock, Indie, Alternative, and some Punk Rock Music. I usually .. more..

Writing
The Shelter The Shelter

A Chapter by McBear