The night

The night

A Chapter by defining_dreams
"

The night it all began.

"

The music was so loud that she couldn’t hear her own voice. Everything was lost in the rhythm, including her heartbeat. For a moment she felt disconnected from her body, as well as from the world surrounding her, while the faces around her dragged her into a blur of emotions, none of which she could relate to. She didn’t remember why she was drinking anymore, but she was certain that there was a good reason behind why she couldn’t seem to let go of the whiskey bottle in her hand.

Suddenly, she felt unsteady, as if the liquor had turned into lead in her veins; she lost balance and fell from the table she was dancing on just a minute ago.

“Em, what are you doing?”

A strong familiar arm was suddenly around her, picking her up and gently, yet forcefully, balancing her on her feet.

Emily tried to face the guy, but his silhouette was like a burning flame playing with the wind, never standing still. She tried to stop it by getting closer and hugging him, and it was only when she sensed the warm and sweet perfume that reminded her of fireplaces and burning ashes that she realized it was Michael she was holding on to. 



© 2012 defining_dreams


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on November 21, 2012
Last Updated on November 21, 2012
Tags: darkness, loss, pain, alcohol, depression