One

One

A Chapter by LazyxBum
"

I think I will stick to third person for a second.

"
Her heart pounding in her ears, Aleena bolted down the dimly lit street. The night curtain about the weak fluorescent light bulbs. Behind her the threatening figure lumbered not too far from her.

'I need to get away,' she thought in panic as she stepped out of the dim lights and into the starry night about the center of the silent road in Coweta. The road ran not that long before hitting the woods. Aleena stepped into the other side of the road and leaped into the trees. Her short pants deepened and slowed into deep breaths as she sat against the trunk. 'Maybe I finally lost him,' she thought, relaxing a little.

She relaxed a little too soon. Just as Aleena sighed with relief, a dark figure gleamed from the dimly lit opening in the thicket of trees. She let out an involuntary gasp as she instinctively crawled away, cracking a twig in the process. She cringed as she noticed him walking towards her, a metallic glint in his hand.

"Please, just leave me alone," she pleaded, looking up at the guy she had only begun to fear. His hand shook as it rose, showing the pistol's silvery glow in the moonlight. "Yo-you know I have t-t-to. I-I c-can't let anyone get t-to me, or you," he answered as he cocked the gun back. The guy  held the gun to Aleena's forehead with both hands, as if to keep it from vibrating.

"P-please. Couldn't you just let me leave this place? They won't find me," she swore as she stared into the seemingly fathomless barrel. "Th-that won't work," he answered with a shake of his head. "Th-they'll f-f-find you, one way or another," he answered solemnly as he placed his finger on the trigger.

Tears glistened in both pairs of eyes as Aleena saw the trigger being slowly pulled back. Her life flashed before her eyes, reminding her of the family and friends she wouldn't see again. This dread grasped about her, making it impossible to speak or move.

"Goodbye, Alee-Lee," the teenage boy whispered just loud enough for her to hear, then pulled the trigger before she had time to scream. Last thing Aleena experienced was a loud noise, searing pain, then it was all black.


© 2010 LazyxBum


Author's Note

LazyxBum
Just please, tell me your thoughts. I need as much help as possible. :]
Also, please excuse the shortness. The next one will be much, much longer. Promise!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

That was some chapter! I loved it! I've waited so long for you to finally post something! Lol! Anyways, back to the review! When I was reading the chapter, I was like O.O For real! It was very eerie! I demand more chapters! Ha ha! I'm serious! Awesome chapter! :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

That was some chapter! I loved it! I've waited so long for you to finally post something! Lol! Anyways, back to the review! When I was reading the chapter, I was like O.O For real! It was very eerie! I demand more chapters! Ha ha! I'm serious! Awesome chapter! :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 27, 2010
Last Updated on July 17, 2010


Author

LazyxBum
LazyxBum

VA



About
Bonjour, mi amigos! :D I'm a thoughtful 16 year-old that has recently fallen in love. With writing. My friend Pandachan5 showed me this website, for which I'm forever grateful. Basically, I love to re.. more..

Writing
Meetings Meetings

A Chapter by LazyxBum


What if? What if?

A Poem by LazyxBum