When I close my eyes

When I close my eyes

A Poem by Denise
"

Everyone has a special place they go when they daydream...

"



















The day is bright; the sun sweltering, glinting off the whispering tendrils floating from limbs jagged and strong. Dewy drops fade on golds, browns, crimsons and greens leaving only a chilly memory of the night’s frost behind. Rays of golden light filter through nature’s canopy forming halo’s for earthbound angels. Earth’s giants sway, creaking to the tune of God’s breath.


Wisps of fragrant pine needles, fallen cedar logs, and dried leaves guided by a gust of wind attack the senses. Wild flowers still in bloom, bending gently in the breeze carry their sweet perfume across the open meadows. Cool, soothing water trickling and flowing over rocks and sand tickle the nose with its pure, clean, invigorating scent.


Birds flit across the sky, weaving in and out of branches set high, flashing occasional bursts of color; painting the landscape with specks of cerulean, yellow, scarlet, ochre and onyx. With their presence comes the sound of their chittering, chattering, singing, and calling; musical cacophony drifting across the valley and foothills.


Soft, sweet scented moss blankets the ground creating a bed of silky chartreuse and spongy comfort. Butterflies floating on the wind dance momentarily across outstretched fingertips, teasing delicate skin. Warm air sweeps threads of hair across a sun kissed face leaving tingly shivers running up the spine, while colorful leaves drifts slowly from their branches like escaped feathers.


The sweet tangy zest of lemongrass is savored while thoughts steal away moments. Refreshing mineral water cupped in open hands soothes a parched throat and quenches thirst. Peace, peace is all around; surrounded by love, energy and the gift of life. When I close my eyes this is where you will find me. 



 

© 2011 Denise


Author's Note

Denise
This waterfall is one of many from Rickets Glen, PA a trail along 26 waterfalls close to my home...I'm such a nature lover that these thoughts and feelings tend to come across my mind often.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TAO
...my... and in this, the voice of yet another who should be named a goddess... This magical spell you've woven from the closing of your own eyes...it's nothing short of...awe inspiring... Reading this, I'm kind of jealous of your talent, and proud to have laid eyes upon this at the very same time. I'm writing a novel, and I wish it could sound just half as good is this piece is. This reminds me of the most pristine moment I can think of; the most perfect day for sparring my thoughts on warriors who found heaven in the pursuit of death. This is AWESOME.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
OT
how scenic and serene - beautifully worded!! a wonderful piece - powerfully imaginative and creative! I love some of the lines you've used - "The sweet tangy zest of lemongrass is savored while thoughts steal away moments." - so evocative! nice!

Posted 13 Years Ago


What a great inspriration of words, thoughts. A place you can
go and call your own. I believe this is the best piece
of work I have had the honor of reading in a while.
I love the peacefullness of this...the colors, textures,
sounds, smells. Wonderful!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


soft and beautiful . . .

Posted 13 Years Ago


Really, really beautiful write! I love the descriptions you used, they really make the images of nature stand out...as if we're looking through your eyes.

Thank you ARK for the recommendation to read!

Posted 13 Years Ago


What a beautiful tender joy washed over me as I read these words. I walk daily to a river near my home, and your poem transported me to that place of utter peace. Exquisite...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Beautiful, I loved it from beginning to end. You captured my attention and painted a very beautiful and inspiring poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Ark One was right, this is a delightful place to go, your vivid descriptions transported me there, where I could almost smell the pine needles and wild flowers and feel that breeze upon my cheek..wonderful

Posted 13 Years Ago


The Ark sent me this and I know why ~ he knows my connect to Nature , and how its spirit flows through me , I loved reading this ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow!

This is a grand piece of prose. Your poetic voice resonates in my mind as the picturesque scenes are displayed in vivid reality. This is truly awesome Denise! I think maybe you have described Eden, or at least what I picture that place of divinity to be...

Great Write!
RLG,
Tommy


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TAO
...my... and in this, the voice of yet another who should be named a goddess... This magical spell you've woven from the closing of your own eyes...it's nothing short of...awe inspiring... Reading this, I'm kind of jealous of your talent, and proud to have laid eyes upon this at the very same time. I'm writing a novel, and I wish it could sound just half as good is this piece is. This reminds me of the most pristine moment I can think of; the most perfect day for sparring my thoughts on warriors who found heaven in the pursuit of death. This is AWESOME.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

936 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 27, 2011
Last Updated on February 27, 2011
Tags: nature, daydreams, peace, life, energy, fall

Author

Denise
Denise

Williamsport, PA



About
I'm still quite new to the writing world other than the fact I enjoyed and excelled at English through my years of school and college. I mostly just write poetry because of my scattered mind and deep .. more..

Writing
Deprived Deprived

A Poem by Denise


Saving Grace Saving Grace

A Poem by Denise



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sub Rosa Sub Rosa

A Poem by .


1. OMG 1. OMG

A Chapter by Stephanie Slayer