I'm a Writer

I'm a Writer

A Poem by Andrew
"

I'm on a mission.

"
I'm a writer
a normal person sent on a mission
to try
and wrap my head around the human condition.

The pen helps
but I can't see beyond the partition
that keeps me trapped
buried in the the trouble I'm given.

Don't get me wrong
I love every minute I'm living
but sometimes
It's hard to keep my mind on the vision.

That means the calling
to stand up and do what is right
transcend the world around me
and put up a fight.

But I'm hurting
I need someone to show me the light
To keep me going
Tell me it will end up alright.

© 2010 Andrew


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Dear Andrew,

When I saw this at first, I thought it was going to be a rant of hate-filled words, but in turn I'm surprised by the soothing message you pen.

The flow is a little bit off, but the key asset to this is your expressiveness. I like that you put it into structured stanzas. If you'd appreciate it, I can go through and proofread it. Aside from a few grammatical errors that I see, some redundant words, the first paragraph stands out to me. I think you may lose some meaning towards the end in the last two stanzas. The rhymes feel a little too forced, but the intro is good. "I'm a writer, a normal person on a mission, to try and wrap my head around the human condition." You do have some work to do, but that will come in time and experience. Just never be discouraged as a writer.

It is my wishes that you do well in writing and learn its true passion that it can bring you. Write for others, but write for yourself. The words are your master and pen is substrate. Thank you again. 8.4/10.

Sincerely,
S. W. Scaggs

Posted 14 Years Ago


I really liked the feeling and idea behind this, but I think the rhyming could've been a bit more clean. Other than that, fantastic.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I can tell you put some thought into this write. It is very well written and expressed. Your own emotions can't go wrong. I like what you had to say here.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I disagree with The Perfectionist, in that, I understand your choice of the word "fight". Your insight and views are similiar to my own and I think you expressed yourself quite clearly. Don't give up.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Your rhymes are a bit of a stretch, to say the least, but they manage to work out well enough. You have an interesting and honest view on the life of a writer, even if the last stanza does seem a little...shall we say dramatic? I would not necessarily have regarded the situation as a 'fight' either, but at least that much you can blame on creative license. Good work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I totally dig this. I could not have said it better myself.....the life of a writer....even the bad is good. : )

Posted 14 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

oh my lord... i loved it!
simply a powerful modern simple piece... a first person narrative melodic piece... i live it!
and the depth of your perception strikes me with joy and amazement...
this is well formed and is basically flawless!
i loved it!
i'd like to read more of your work... and i will

Posted 14 Years Ago


Seems like the writer is conflicted as many of us are:) We are sometimes tortured souls. This is where the great art comes from. We walk a fine line between madness and sanity! Very cool, a lot going on here. I just scratched the surface.

Write on,

Pat

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh goodness, I adore this.
human condition, partition, vision, transcend... such good words.
I am very happy someone wrote about being a writer, maybe I've missed something, but I haven't read many poems like this. Kudos friend!
p.s.
last stanza is my favorite, it's like you stole my thoughts.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

651 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 16, 2010
Last Updated on February 17, 2010
Tags: writer, people, search, partition


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Poetry Poetry

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Smiles Smiles

A Poem by Tate Morgan