The Greatness of small things

The Greatness of small things

A Story by Dhairya Arora
"

Basically an article: Dekhta hun har baar khulta darwaaza, Kehta hun kaash, ke tu aajaye.

"

Dekhta hun har baar khulta darwaaza,

Kehta hun kaash,  k tu aajaye.

In the movie: A flash of a genius: the flash of the genius comes when the person is thinking about his watering eye troubles, and then he wanted to wipe it in timely intervals-that led to the invention of car wipers.

For the past three days one single hair of my moustache is troubling me by tickling in my nose. Yes! Weird things lead to the flash of a genius. Therefore today I sat and pondered on my moustache. What can I invent from the fact: ‘a single hair of my moustache is troubling me’?

A machine with extra power to blow my moustache hair. Naah! Boring…a moustache tie. I later came down to a point where I thought I will cut that single hair with a simple pair of scissors. It indeed was not the example of a genius, you may have understood by now.

How at times we think that the happening or the thing is so huge, but it turns out to be a timid affair. For example I remember when I went to check my board’s exam percentage. My friend and I were standing outside the cyber café. It was indeed a terrifying situation. We were expecting nothing more than a 40, when suddenly a girl comes out. My friend signals me the bird, and I look at her. She comes out and starts crying, starts crying so loud that more than 70 % of the crowd gets to consoling her at the nick of a second. I mean everybody, seeing a girl cry leave all their important work and get busy solving her god damn problems.

“lagta hai fail ho gayi!” my friend exclaimed. We took a few steps closer to actually find out what’s happened, and with no motive to console her to the situation that she gives us her mobile number, we move towards her.

And stand. 

Stand.

“kuch pata chala kyon ro rahi hai? Fail ho gayi kya? Bol na repeat hi toh karna padega” My friend continuously said something or the other. “what happened?” he asked. And I don’t know why but he asked me, as if I have done something wrong. “abbey mujhe kaise pata ussesy puch na!” I told him.  What was going inside my heart was the feeling actually, I was asking myself, how will I act if I fail? As in what will I tell mom? Dad? My friends? I was trying to frame the style of my expressions when I fail at that point of time.

“Why me? “  the girl shouted. “Why me?”

“oho! Lagta hai fail ho gayi” My friend again intervened.

“Why me god? Why did i not get 90% why 89 god?”She cried

What the F@#K? I mean are you f*****g crazy, are you f*****g out of your mind. I mean…are you MAAAD? How can you cry if you’ve got 89…infact the whole crowd was shocked. There was a moment of silence in between all the flirts and the blondes.  And then…

Everyone again got back to consoling the girl…WTF(2)

I passed my boards, just for the record. Since then I formed a theory in my life. If you want to ask something from a girl, ask her the question and wait for 3 days for the complete answer.  As a matter of fact when I applied this principle in my life, I found out that those three days are the most roller coaster types of days in the life. Whatever you ask a girl, they will first try and put you down, and burry you inside the ground, if you fight back she will scratch you, then slowly and steadily she will pull you out of the burrow and tell you that she was having a mood swing. You will have to get used to this if you want to lead a happy semi family life.

Coming to girls, they top the list of things that you think is important or magnificent, but it turns out to be a timid affair. I know after reading this somebody would want to kill me.

‘Aur kitna maarogi is deewaane ko?’    

I am sorry readers; I will try not to drift away from an important topic next time: thinking about girls.

Readers: “ ya! Don’t drift...stop giving them importance…”

Yes! Ya..ok…cool…

So! What were we talking about?  Is the dialogue that I hate, how people who have nothing to do out of nowhere pop up this question.

So what were we talking about?  : we were not talking about anything, you were just jumping topics, you were sometimes telling me that your heart is a very confused thing and then suddenly you jumped to the cousin brother of your distant chacha’s son, and how he brought 1400 flowers for his girlfriend on the valentine’s day.  Then you were suddenly telling me how one day you just felt like spending the whole day in your payjamas watching TV. I mean who wants to spend the whole day watching tv in their payjamas. Whats payjamas got to do with TV?

And then the person (she to be exact) will say…

“Aur batao”…Ab aur kya bataun meri maa?

Readers: “what was the topic?...hmm..Dhairya don’t drift from your topic, stop thinking about them”

Ya ya! I know…I wont…

Ok! Can I tell you about the girl who forgot the place she had parked her Maruti car in the mall, and by mistake started someone else’s car and reached home?

“The greatness of small things”

I have a perfect example to tell you the greatness of small things. A friend of a friend of mine was in love with a girl for like a year.  The whole town knew that he was in love with her, but not the girl. That is also one impossible thing which only happens with girls. The whole town knows that a person loves her, but I don’t know how, she does not know?  

But when slowly and steadily she comes to know, that too after immense effort from the guy, she tells him that she has not seen him as a lover. What? !@# do you want Antonio Bendaris to come in his zoro dress and pass down a flower to you? What do you mean when you say you have not SEEN him as a lover? Does he look bad in a sex position? What?

So yes! This friend of a friend of mine, he: disheartened: is seen drinking for the next month.  In fact he is still drinking. Now when I ask him why he drinks…he tells me he does not drink, the drink drinks him. He drinks every night and listens to the song ‘can’t take my eyes off you: the blower’s daughter-by DAMIEN RICE’. That is his routine for the moment, and for him the moment has paused. A person who would always laugh and cheer up the sad, sits today, staring at the sky and asking somebody why. The second line of the chorus goes like ‘can’t take my mind of you’

And so it is
Just like you said it would be
Life goes easy on me
Most of the time
And so it is
The shorter story
No love, no glory
No hero in her sky

I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you

I don’t know how to end an article which starts with a happy note and ends with a one with love. I don’t know what will my friends friend do next, talk to who? I don’t know if dreaming about my moustache will make me invent something special that is needed to the world? I don’t know what small thing, will pass me by in a breeze, pass you by in a breeze and change whatever we have got. I don’t know if love which is lost actually loses its way of just stands at a corner waiting for the correct path. I don’t know if small things are the greatest or the greatest things smallest. But I know that the friend of my friend ‘can’t take his eyes of you’. I know that the girl who drove back in someone else’s car went back to return the car and fell in love with the person she had exchanged her car with. I don’t know if these small pages will change something in your life, but it has in mine.

 

      

© 2010 Dhairya Arora


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on August 22, 2010
Last Updated on August 23, 2010

Author

Dhairya Arora
Dhairya Arora

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India



About
A nationalistic hippy, A dreamer more..

Writing
Evolve Evolve

A Poem by Dhairya Arora