Sweet Memories!!!

Sweet Memories!!!

A Story by Dhruv Yonzon
"

hmmmm....growing up is hard sometimes, you get all nostalgic when you see a child!!! And the memories just flows like a river...

"
So there I was as usual curled up in my bed looking outside the window. I was questioning my own judgment for eating ice cream when I knew I had cold, which after a cone of 21st love had turned even worse. But I was more focused on blaming the weather change because every single time there was a sudden change in weather my body would react and I would end my with fever and cold. The idea of getting hot and cold illness at the same time may sound ironic; but let me tell you there is nothing funny about having your body rise to uncomfortably hot temperature while wearing scarfs and sweater to prevent from cold at the same time and sneezing every single time you try to breathe. It’s horrible.

                   Suddenly, I was distracted by laughter, sweet and innocent children laughter. Then I focus my gaze but I couldn’t see well and that’s when I realized my glasses had fogged up by the heavy breathing reflected by the scarf. That’s an unpleasant side-effect of being a “chasmiss”(that's what we call a person who wears glasses in Nepal).  I wiped them clean and I saw few children outside my gate playing in the pavement. The weather was super unpredictable raining for a minute and then blazing sun in another. But the kids seem to be indifferent from the weather. They didn’t care about the weather; all they cared about was having fun. They were so indifferent to the world like they didn’t care about anything around them. No worries about what subject to choose, what dress to wear for that party, what career to choose and not even about how to spend the day. They ran and ran but never got tired, played with friends till their parents literally dragged them home. They didn’t worry at all.


                And then I got super nostalgic and dived into the unconscious part of my mind searching for the sweet memories of my childhood. Childhood is the best part of anyone’s life. It’s the time when you don’t have to worry about anything. A sweet puppy faced smile and even The Hitler would probably forgive you for your foolish mess. I remembered the time when I was a child. I was very naughty child, never listening to my mom jumping from room to room asking every single person I meet for kit-Kat without even a slightest hesitation. I remembered the time when I was about 9 or so. I went to the shop with my mom to buy groceries. I knew the shopkeeper, how couldn’t I? He was my friend’s dad. Without further thinking I scooped my hand to the nearest pack of Kit-Kat and took one out and started peeling the wrapper. My mom lashed at me like I had killed the president but uncle said it didn’t matter. And he didn’t even charge my mom for it. After that I took another Kit-Kat and said that another one was for his son as we were going out to play together and I smiled a big grin and ran. (P.S he never got that Kit-Kat or other few things I said I would give him)


                   Back in my bed I smiled and watched the children as they played yelling and running after each other. Any other day I would have screamed at them to go somewhere else and play but I didn’t. I was just staring at them and thinking about all the complication of life they would never think of. Somewhere in between growing up and moving forward with life I had lost the innocence. There isn’t a day I get headache thinking about life but when I was little all I would think was a new way to reach the top drawer to eat the peanut butter. My life had drastically changed. I smile lot less and think too much. I can barely remember the last time I was hanging out with my female friend and we wouldn’t get the dirty stare.


                           Growing up is like walking into a spider web in the dark. It’s very unpleasant, sudden and nasty. And all of sudden your whole perception changes and you can never go back to what you were before.

© 2013 Dhruv Yonzon


Author's Note

Dhruv Yonzon
Thank you :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

In the first paragraph I wondered what you meant by “a cone of 21st love”?
Overall, in this story and the last I read, your style is easy to read, it feels like you are chatting with us. This is a very good approach to have. However, again, as with most writing anyone does, I think revising it would of course make it even better.
I think it was a good touch to mention a word in your language, it makes your writing sound very original. I can’t think of any authors from Nepal even though I’m sure there are many
A good simple but profound line - “Childhood is the best part of anyone’s life”
Ha ha, even Hitler would forgive it! I like that
“I smiled a lot less and think too much” again simple but profound. I smile more actually now that I'm older, I used to be known as the kid that couldn't smile hardly, but now that I'm older I definitely think way, way, way too much and it causes me many problems
The last line was really, really great, even if it ends things on a rather downcast note, “Growing up is like walking into a spider web in the dark”
Wow, I don't know which of your stories I like better, this or the bird in the cage one.
Congratulations

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dhruv Yonzon

10 Years Ago

oh.. "a cone of 21st love" its an ice cream flavor!!! hehehe.. and again thank you so much for your .. read more



Reviews

"Growing up is like walking into a spider web in the dark. It’s very unpleasant, sudden and nasty. And all of sudden your whole perception changes and you can never go back to what you were before.'"
-that is so true hey, life was way simpler and funner when we were kids. now there is just so much to worry about and all the innocence is just gone. sad really but these are the harsh realities of life. just gotta move on and keep growing. i love the story, it is really fun and sweet. well written.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Chasmiss!!! Dats wat v say dem in india too. To be frank you write like me, but better in d sense dat u hv better metaphors or soething.. keep it up.

Posted 10 Years Ago


In the first paragraph I wondered what you meant by “a cone of 21st love”?
Overall, in this story and the last I read, your style is easy to read, it feels like you are chatting with us. This is a very good approach to have. However, again, as with most writing anyone does, I think revising it would of course make it even better.
I think it was a good touch to mention a word in your language, it makes your writing sound very original. I can’t think of any authors from Nepal even though I’m sure there are many
A good simple but profound line - “Childhood is the best part of anyone’s life”
Ha ha, even Hitler would forgive it! I like that
“I smiled a lot less and think too much” again simple but profound. I smile more actually now that I'm older, I used to be known as the kid that couldn't smile hardly, but now that I'm older I definitely think way, way, way too much and it causes me many problems
The last line was really, really great, even if it ends things on a rather downcast note, “Growing up is like walking into a spider web in the dark”
Wow, I don't know which of your stories I like better, this or the bird in the cage one.
Congratulations

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dhruv Yonzon

10 Years Ago

oh.. "a cone of 21st love" its an ice cream flavor!!! hehehe.. and again thank you so much for your .. read more
dude I used to think the same way there have been countless no. of times when I have seen kids playing they have no worries whatsoever and look at us screwed without any reason.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dhruv Yonzon

10 Years Ago

yeah... its ucks sometimes but we do have to look at the positive side.. thanx man
Your story reminds me when I was just a playful child and how I have change. Above all, the story itself was like a personal diary, written about your daily life. Anyway, I enjoy it alot.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dhruv Yonzon

10 Years Ago

....hey!! thank you so much!!! i like writing story and all in my journal form...it makes it easier .. read more
I enjoyed the story. The mind of a child was expressed with great skill and balance. I like the thoughts of the child and the desire for the kit-kats. I like the situation and the inner thoughts. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dhruv Yonzon

10 Years Ago

Ah...thank you so much!!! Glad that you liked it!!!
Memories are both 'blight and boon', don't you think! Yes, i know, an old.fashioned phrase but somehow appropriate for when thinking back, comparing past life. Bearing in mind that English must be a second language, it's very good! Naughty you, taking the Kit.Kats! :) One negative: please use larger and darker font.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dhruv Yonzon

10 Years Ago

hehehe..thank you and sure we'll do!!! And again thank you so much...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

627 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 12, 2013
Last Updated on November 12, 2013
Tags: children, childhood, growing up, teenlife, teenage, teenagers, memories

Author

Dhruv Yonzon
Dhruv Yonzon

Kathmandu, Buddist , Nepal



About
hey everyone!!! My name is Dhruba Yonzon. I'm from Kathmandu, Nepal(the land where MT. Everest lies). I'm currently doing my 5 year law study along with arts(BA/LLB). I'm not much of professional writ.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Kisses Kisses

A Poem by Robin