An Ordinary Day!!!

An Ordinary Day!!!

A Story by Dhruv Yonzon
"

"Well, i do believe a day can change your life, do you?"

"

 

                     Every day is a new challenge, a struggle. We wake up wanting or against our will to fight it through, to add a new chapter in our book, or simply just to survive. But the truth to be told, we are humans and we want more than just to survive, we want to live. We want to thrive each day. We want to achieve every possible thing in that day. Beyond anyone’s imagination, we dare to dream and we fight like hell to make them real. When worst case scenario comes true we hold on to a simplest hope because we refuse to give up. We thrive for perfection in the midst of everything.

               

                        But the thing is we never know which is going to be the biggest day of our life or the worst. We simply wake up like every other ordinary day and carry on. The day we hope to be the biggest sometimes blows up in our face. It fails us or we fail them? And sometimes, maybe just sometimes the worst day teaches us a new lesson and marks it’s important in totally different way then we expect. Every other day seems to be same, until one day we decide to change that. Until the day we decide to change who we are. Every moment is a choice and that choice shapes us. We are who we are because of the choices we make.  Every little thing we do defines who we are. Some of us make the best out of this moment for the better result in the next and some of us just enjoy it in the best manner possible because we believe “living in the moment”. But the past keeps on haunting us down so we try to create a better past by making right choice in the present for a hopeful and better future.

                   

                        And so we are scared that we may screw up. So we are very careful, very cautious in every moment, each day.  And we refuse to make mistake. And when we feel helplessness we seek for others help so we won’t make mistakes. But we have to make our own mistake. We have to learn from our own lessons. We have to sweep today’s possibility under tomorrow’s rug until we can’t anymore. Until we finally understand for ourselves that knowing is better than wondering, waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failure, even the worst, beats the hell out of never trying. At least that’s the way I learn!!!

                 

                     So don’t wonder why people go crazy. Wonder why they don’t in face of what we can lose in day, in an instant, wonder what the hell it is that makes us hold it together. Wonder what binds us together through the toughest tides. Wonder why we refuse to give up, why we want this materialist life to the very inches. We hurt, we cry, we scream, we simple don’t want to live but then again why we try with the very last breathe to make this day, a better day. Why we try our best every single day and go to sleep hoping to wake up the next day and to give our best possible to make that day a better day? Is it because we are human; those who have created the idea of survival of the fittest. Those who are at the top of every other living creature on earth so we fight against each other to the best of the best.

           

                     One ordinary day holds many possibilities and equally many challenges. One day can and will change us. And it’s all up to us. We live, we thrive, we struggle, we fight, we refuse to let go, we want what we want but then at the same time we want freedom and we want peace!!! Because you know why we are simply humans, we want everything!!!

 

 

 

 

© 2014 Dhruv Yonzon


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

God do you study law in college or philosophy? :-P . That must be hell of a day you had which made you write all this. But whatever you wrote is wonderful, thought provoking and more than anything solves our purpose of writing.. i.e. to get all our pains out. Well done. Hope you have a nice DAY.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

God do you study law in college or philosophy? :-P . That must be hell of a day you had which made you write all this. But whatever you wrote is wonderful, thought provoking and more than anything solves our purpose of writing.. i.e. to get all our pains out. Well done. Hope you have a nice DAY.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A lovely write about reality.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dhruv Yonzon

10 Years Ago

thank you so much
Praveeta

10 Years Ago

You are welcome.
wow Dhruba, this is a wonderful piece hey. it speaks so much truth and you are so right, a lot can happen in just one ordinary. we try our best to achieve our goals and hold on to what we really desire but at the end of the day, we never know what that day will bring until we've actually lived it out and once one day is gone you van never get that exact same day back. i loved reading this hey, talk about a reality check for sure. well thought out and carefully written indeed. loved it :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dhruv Yonzon

10 Years Ago

yes...you are absolutely correct!!! and thank you sp much for your lovely words!!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

426 Views
3 Reviews
Added on February 19, 2014
Last Updated on February 19, 2014
Tags: day, story, journal, quotes, life

Author

Dhruv Yonzon
Dhruv Yonzon

Kathmandu, Buddist , Nepal



About
hey everyone!!! My name is Dhruba Yonzon. I'm from Kathmandu, Nepal(the land where MT. Everest lies). I'm currently doing my 5 year law study along with arts(BA/LLB). I'm not much of professional writ.. more..

Writing