Magic

Magic

A Poem by diamondlioness
"

Magic, but in a metaphorical way. Short!

"
I pretend that magic is not real.
I pretend that I don't see the little things in life.
I pretend that I don't see children helping their elders.
I pretend that I don't see the wonders of animals and their wagging tails.
I pretend that I don't see the children playing together at the playground.
I pretend that I don't see nature and its acceptance of all.
I pretend that I don't see the little acts of kindness.
I pretend that I don't see laughter, joy, and free souls.
I need to stop pretending.

© 2019 diamondlioness


Author's Note

diamondlioness
Please leave a review as it helps me improve! Thank you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hi, Lady-Writer : )
First, to say how nice it is to see you here, and I warmly welcome you to the Café … I hope you will enjoy it with us enough to stay and attract many friends, followers, and fans.
Then, to thank you for your treasured review on, "Explaining to a Leaf".

A short piece, it's true,
But, not without powerful imagery and impact.
I don't see metaphor in this piece; except, all the "that"s" are magical to the mind, heart, and soul, and what I do see threaded throughout that is just as skillfully rendered and impacting, are proper punctuation and capitalization, imagery, emotion, intellect, awareness, life and people consciousness, insight, compassion, empathy, sympathy, caring, sweetness, kindness, and a great desire to be recognized for the being you are and the outstanding artist.

Could I offer you advice or constructive critique? Of course, but this is your style, your poem, and it comes across without a hitch, and I believe it is an excellent introduction for all of us to You, and the caliber of artist you want to be recognized as.

I'll not fib to you … I love it, and how that final line hit me jussst right … ummm!!!
Big hugs and welcome, again! ⁓ Richard 🍃

Posted 4 Years Ago


diamondlioness

4 Years Ago

Richard -
Thank you so much for your review! It's amazing ot know you like this piece and I r.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 19, 2019
Last Updated on June 19, 2019