Puppet Strings

Puppet Strings

A Poem by Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!

I am a puppet I move by these strings
You can make me dance and make me sing
All you have to do is pull my strings
I will do just about anything


I am a puppet there is no doubt
You can dress me up and take me out
Show me off to your closest friends
Then put me back when the evening ends


I am a puppet without a heart.
A show doll that has no smarts
I do not argue or talk back
You will never find me giving you flack


I am a puppet without feelings
That you have hung with out care from your ceiling
The months has pass since you  locked me away.
The hours click by slowly everyday
I can not hurt so you say,
Then why is it that I feel this way


A puppet without a heart
Shouldn’t feel like she’s falling a part


I have no feelings, so it may seem
Then why is it that I can still dream


I am a puppet on these strings
Not a person, just a thing.

 

 

© 2008 Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh yes, I've been here too, I've written similar things -- but your words are better, and I think the rhyme helps to spotlight the manipulations of the puppetmaster, but from your point of view. Some very good lines throughout, but the best, imo, are the one that speaks of having no feelings but still able to dream -- such poignancy there -- and those about being a show doll. Like a trophy.

Well done, Diana! Lots of layers to this one.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

You wrote a great cynism how some men like to see women! Bravo! superb.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really like this piece. I feel like this constantly - especially with my mother. I love the way you repeated "I am a puppet" throughout your stanzas, the overall effect was very powerful. This is an awesomely written piece.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sounds like the lament of a trophy wife. Exceptional writing here! Lydia

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There is a lot of dark undertones to my thinking behind this - the feeling of being someones toy or plaything, being unable to live or breathe as you so wish and being shut away, imprisoned, when time ticks away in front of you.
Very nice write, disturbing but honest in the way this can happen to people. Liked the way you used the repetitive first four lines - think this adds to the impact.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very good piece, also reminds me of a trophy wife too. I am sure there are many who can relate to this piece, I know I would have a few years ago. XX

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Boy-o-boy, have i felt this way so many times, ugh! You've said it right, here. Yea, every day & every night i feel this way; and i think of the past as well. It has been haunting me for so damn long too. Bad times i've gone through being the puppet; them using the s**t out of me :( Yea, i feel u. Great write!

Mikey

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Nice work. What happens when the puppet does have feelings? Does she retaliate-try to break the chains, or do they content her? Make her feel safe? I like the metaphor, I think it's timeless- you have a great piece but I want to know more.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

i think you are (i mean your subject here) is living within a glass cube. she is bound to know someday, glass can be broken! i like your poetry as usual.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

I am a puppet there is no doubt,
you can dress me up and take me out.
Show me off to your closest friends,
then put me back when the evening ends.

I am a puppet without a heart,
a show doll that has no smarts.
I do not argue or talk back,
you will never find me giving you flack.
I am a puppet without feelings,
that you have hung with out care from your ceiling.

whewwwwwww what a scary piece........ u can also call this piece Trophy Wife...becuz thats how trophy wives are treated like.....a puppet......such a great metaphorical piece.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

This is a very good piece, pulling me more than one way. I felt that you were a puppet, being tugged and told what to do, but at the same time I thought you had maybe decided the strings were not too bad, if fact the strings go both ways and you can tug the puppeteer. Well done with excellent imagery. The picture at the end, brilliant.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 5 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

641 Views
30 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 5, 2008
Last Updated on February 5, 2008

Author

Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!
Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!

FL



About
I am a 36 year old married female.. My passion is to write. My genre is mostly in paranormal, paranormal romances and fantasy fiction. I have three wonderful children (Danyale 19- Josh 16 and Kymb.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..