The New Exorcism

The New Exorcism

A Story by david jones
"

A teenage girl is sick...or so it seems. In the night she mysteriously escapes the small farmhouse. Something terrifying is being put into play...the girl is possessed.

"
 
Prologue
The man stepped through the ancient archway of the church. He was clad in a black cloak, with a crucifix hanging from around his neck. His hair was blond, stained with a little bit of dark hairspray. Glasses perched on his nose. He walked down the cracked cement toward his car thinking. In his day as a priest, he had performed many exorcisms, but the one that he had performed last week was one of the most terrifying ones he had ever done. He still had the visions of the man grabbing the knife, and then twisting his neck, and then every evil that was coming, being released. But in the long run, the victim had died, having been killed by the demon within him...a demon that had almost escaped the victim, coming into the real world. The power of the Lord, and the religion, had killed the demon. It still did not ease the scariness and the terrifying visions the overcame the priest during the nights where he lay upon his pillow to rest. He stepped into his car and turned the key. He had the man on his mind again...the twisted head, mangled features, the carved skin, the blood trickling down his oblong shaped mouth, his hair in tufts sticking up all around his large head, the screaming and shrieking, the darkest shadows emerging from the limp and pale figure the color of death. 
This was one of the things he hated about his job. The exorcisms that he performed. They usually scarred him for life. The car lurched forward, going to the exit and approaching the road. He had to go to a family meeting concerning his daughter, who was sick and in the hospital. But before he could get even halfway there, his cell phone rang from within his pants pocket.

© 2012 david jones


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on April 30, 2012
Last Updated on April 30, 2012
Tags: exorcisms, religion, horror

Author

david jones
david jones

Grand Rapids, MI



About
I like to read, write, play video games, chill with friends, listen to music etc. more..

Writing
Icebound Icebound

A Story by david jones