The beauty of fall

The beauty of fall

A Story by lorili33
"

This was a writing assignment for Sep 2006 in my freshman year of college. We were to spend five minutes walking around outside then ten minutes putting our idea to paper.

"

As I wake, I see the trees have changed color, and the wind has blown red, yellow, and brown leaves to the ground. As the fog rises up off the lake, I can see the early morning dew frosting over all that the moon’s silvery light had touched through the night. I watch the sun rise like a fire burning the sky, first in tones of red, then pink with the warmth of the sun slowly seeping in, to wake the sleeping animals of the wild forests, and the wild animals of the untamed cities. As I listen to the morning music of the birds chirping, the streams bubble in to life for the day, the traffic buzzing to and fro like bees from home to work and work to home. When the end of the day comes and everything starts to settle into the rhythm of the night, and the setting sun turns the sky from blue to black and stars wink in the sky, Jack Frost arises like a thief in the night coating the trees and the grass in nothing but white. As the moose and the bears settle for the night, streetlights buzz to life. As traffic thins out, you can hear the crickets begin the song of the night as I drift into a peaceful slumber. 

© 2010 lorili33


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on September 9, 2010
Last Updated on September 9, 2010

Author

lorili33
lorili33

Bremerton, WA



About
I'm a 33 year old learning to write and having fun doing it. more..

Writing