Pallet of Colors

Pallet of Colors

A Story by lorili33
"

Five min essay for my basic writing skills class in college

"

On a larger scale, when I think about paint I envision giant murals painted on the sides of large buildings. The creation of murals can be done, just as painted portraits, with many mediums, however the canvas is generally in a fixed location and much larger (e.g., the exterior of a building, a long length of an interior hallway, entire wall of a room…). With imagination a large mural can become much like a giant movie screen. You can all most see whatever is painted in the mural come to life. Be it whales swimming in the ocean, or horses running though green pastures.

The sun shines thought an open window, on to a bare white wall, in that window hangs a full curtain of prisms. Caching the sunlight, they paint the rainbows that lead to a fairy’s pot of gold. The wonders of emotion in people’s eyes, both young and old are always described as a color; red with rage, green with envy, blue with sadness exc…. Color is a necessity to our wellbeing; color therapy is an easy way to heal our minds and our souls. Red is a warm color it can increases apatite and metabolism as well as the heart rate; blue is a soothing, calming color it can also decrease the apatite and metabolism; light green or sea green is a soothing, healing color, it is used in health spas and hospitals; orange is a warm color, it is a reminder of summer; yellow is a alarming color and can be harmful to the human eye, and has been proven to cause anxiety in infants, and children; white is also an suffocating, painful color it is also harmful to the human eye; brown is a dead, monotonous, and lethargic color; purple is a regale color of royalty; lastly black can be both protective and suffocating.

We search for color in everything we make

© 2010 lorili33


Author's Note

lorili33
Sorry for it's abrupt ending the class instructor stopped us at the end of the five min.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
Added on September 14, 2010
Last Updated on September 14, 2010

Author

lorili33
lorili33

Bremerton, WA



About
I'm a 33 year old learning to write and having fun doing it. more..

Writing