When I have a feeling...

When I have a feeling...

A Story by Deana Leigh

When I have a feeling, I dance. I don't plan a routine or think about what move should come next. I just let myself go, and I move with my feeling. It might not follow the music, and it might not always look pretty, but in those moments, I am 100 percent me. Every emotion that I have comes out, and I won't stop until I don't have a feeling to dance about (point your toes, pilie,sotay, arabesque). I know that when I am laying on the floor, tired and sweaty, that I got everything that I needed to out. Even then, I roll up, nod to my fake audience, take a deep, dancer's breath, and roll step off of my fake stage with my head held high. 

When I have a feeling, I reflect. A lot can happen and change in a year. I look back at the times that I thought that I wouldn't make it to the next day, and I laugh because here I stand. I feel proud and accomplished because every day that I get past is a day worth noting. I feel nostalgic, and on certain days, I feel like I will last forever because the moment is just that perfect. Some may say that we are infinite, but we truly are. Those moments will be ingrained forever in our minds, and my infinite is not the same as yours. It's my own museum of my own life, and it can be forever to me if I so please. 

When I have a feeling, I write. I don't know what I want to write or if it will ever be seen. I will write and then (no, no, no, scratch that) backspace. My thoughts go wild, and all of a sudden, I don't have a story coming from my finger tips, but a mess coming from my brain. Does this make sense? It is a twisted up compilation of me, but it's for you to see because everyone keeps saying that I need to start wearing my heart on my sleeve. 

When I have a feeling, I keep it to myself. I dance...I reflect...I write... It takes up my time, but what do you believe? There is a facade that only I can see, and you know what only can be conceived. So I have to ask, what is your perception of me?    

© 2017 Deana Leigh


Author's Note

Deana Leigh
This is meant to be read quickly with emphasis on certain words. Not everyone will emphasis the same words which is meant to make it personal based off of what the viewer is feeling when he or she reads this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I just had my last senior dance recital tonight. This story reminded me of when I use to journal a lot and when I use to dance more as a way to cope with feelings. Very delighting.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Deana Leigh

6 Years Ago

It has been 2 years since m senior dance recital and I miss it soo much. Thanks for reading!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 13, 2017
Last Updated on May 13, 2017

Author

Deana Leigh
Deana Leigh

PA



About
I'm 20 years old, and I am majoring in communication with a focus in public relations. I spend the majority of my life confused, but that's why I write. more..

Writing