Tell Me You Love Her

Tell Me You Love Her

A Poem by D L Melon
"

This was such a personal poem for me to write and it was actually written without the intent to be published. But with some persuasion from my friends they got me to anyways.

"
Look me in the eyes and tell me you love her.

But before you do that, before you make that decision, answer this...

Does she love you?

Does her soul sing at the thought of your laugh and does it fly at the mention of your name?

Does she look at you when you're yelling at her and does she still love every damn piece of you? Even the pieces that tear her apart?

Does she scream at you at the top of her lungs because you make her crazy? But then does her throat burn because she hates the words she wishes she had not just said?

Does she know you hate country people but yet you grew up in the country?

Does she know you diet regularly but can never resist ice cream? Does she know coffee ice cream is your weakness?

Does she hold you when you're crying and run her fingers through your curly hair because she knows that calms you down?

But then does she not tell a single soul because she knows how important your bad boy image is to you?

Does she know what you mean when you say you're "hungers" or would she look at you like you're an idiot?

Does she know how terribly insecure you are? That even though others look up to you and see you as so sure of yourself, that you are quite the opposite?

Does she know how much you hate being called an a*****e? Or does she call you it in arguments or even playfully. If she does, does she know it makes you cringe?

Does she know where that scar on your nose came from? Does she even notice it? Does she care to ask?

Does she know you hate back scratches? That they tickle you way too much for you to enjoy them and you would rather have your head scratched?

Does she know you love to sing but that you hate singing infront of others?

Has she ever heard you sing?

Now tell me you love her. Look me in the eyes and tell me that. Without second guessing. You can't can you? I'll tell you why.

She wouldn't stay with you for years while you argued over the same damn thing.

She wouldn't sacrafice thousands of dollars in scholarships just so she could stay close to you.

She wouldn't get in a fight with you and drive off with tears streaming down her face, only to race back to your house.

She wouldn't stay up until 2 in the morning when she has school early just so you two could fight it out and not go to sleep angry.

She wouldn't apologize over and over again for something you did.

She wouldn't tell all her friends they were wrong about you, even though deep down she knew they were right. And she wouldn't loose friends for you.

She wouldn't put up with a constant back and forth for six years.

She wouldn't spend 5 hours helping you write a research paper that wasn't even due for another two weeks because you were stressing about it and wanted to get it done early.

She wouldn't tell you she loved you and mean eith every inch of her. With every tear she cried, every pill she took, every bottle she killed.

She wouldn't leave you because she knew it was best for you.

She wouldn't walk away as her heart literally tore in two, because she had your best interest in mind.

She wouldn't act like nothing was bothering her, when really, everything reminds her of you, because she wouldn't want to impose on your new life. Your new girlfriend.

She wouldn't do any of this for you.

I did.

I did selflessly.

I did because I still love you.

I did because I will always love you.

Look me in the eyes and tell me that you don't feel the same.

© 2015 D L Melon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on December 12, 2015
Last Updated on December 12, 2015
Tags: love, heartbreak, poem, romance, almost love, sad, new, girlfriend, boyfriend, ex boyfriend, gone, moving on, tears, screams, fighting, loving, hope, broken, hearts, true love

Author

D L Melon
D L Melon

AZ



About
My writings are kinda all over the place. I just go with that I'm feeling. more..

Writing
Emotions Emotions

A Poem by D L Melon


My Words My Words

A Poem by D L Melon


Bullshit Bullshit

A Poem by D L Melon