How to become a professional footballer? Requirements and pathways

How to become a professional footballer? Requirements and pathways

A Story by Dom Tunde George

The vast majority of children, when asked what they want to be when they grow up, say that they want to be footballers. From a very young age they play football and watch football and, moreover, parents also encourage the child to play sport and have fun doing it. Do you know how to be a professional footballer? Do you know the requirements to be a professional footballer?

 

There are some children who like it so much that they would love to dedicate themselves to it professionally. But what do you have to do to become a professional footballer? Do you have to study something specific? Do you have to do a special test?

 

To be a professional player, the first thing you have to do is love football. If you don't like this sport, you will never be a professional player. This is obvious.

 

Second, you have to play football in a team from childhood. As soon as possible, the child must be within the orbit of a football team, be it at school, in a sports association, a club or a sports or football school.

 

Once you're on a football team, what you need to do is train, learn and play football. The more dedication and training a player does, either with his team or individually, the more he will learn and the better he will be.

 

In the end, as in all facets of life, to get far in the world of football, you have to devote a lot of time, to improve and work constantly. If this is done, a club, with professional players in its squads, may look at a candidate.

 

Requirements to be a professional footballer

 

WAYS TO BE A PROFESSIONAL PLAYER

1.- CLUB ENTRANCE EXAMS

Every year, Real Madrid performs access tests to analyse which children can play in the lower categories of the white team. This is a very typical way to enter. For example, at the age of 9, Iker Casillas entered in this way and went up in categories until he became a professional footballer.

 

In order to be able to carry out these tests, it is normal for candidates to fill out a form on the website to sign up for the access tests. Once this form has been sent, the club will contact the candidate to inform him of the date on which he has to take part in the test. As happens, for example, in Real Madrid or Atlético de Madrid.

 

Other clubs do say the date of the entrance examinations, such as Barcelona. The tests were held on April 19 and 26, 2015, although this was done after sending the form through the web to be able to access the tests, when it is available.

 

2.- OJEADORS

You can also reach a professional club through one or more scouts. The big clubs have people who search for talent by visiting a lot of teams.

 

There are even scouts all over the world detecting young talent. For example, a 15-year-old might be playing for his local sports association and a scout might have seen him play and suggested that he go to his team. Once inside, the contract as a professional player is easier to reach if you move up in the categories.

 

3.- AGREEMENTS WITH OTHER CLUBS

There are sports associations, foundations and schools that have agreements with professional clubs so that when a boy has football talent, he passes through the ranks of the professional club as soon as possible. They are the youth teams of the professional clubs.

 

One example is Club Deportivo Canillejas de Madrid, a club that has signed this type of agreement with Real Madrid C.F. Playing in one of its teams can mean a greater opportunity to join the white ranks.

 

Another example is the alliance between Rayo Majadahonda and Atlético de Madrid. Both teams share sports facilities, the Cerro del Espino, so the relationship between clubs is very fluid, and greatly facilitates the arrival of players to the team red-and-white.

 

how to be a footballer

 

REQUIREMENTS

As for the requirements for being a professional player, FIFA, which is the International Football Federation, requires a contract with minimum requirements to be met by club and player.

 

This contract is the minimum to ensure the most important rights and duties of both parties. Then it can be extended in many of its points, always with the consent of club and player. Let's see some examples of obligations that have player and club:

 

1.- Obligations of the player

 

- Must give the best of himself in each match that has been lined up

 

- Must participate in training and in the preparation of matches according to the instructions of his superior (e.g. the first coach).

 

- You should lead a healthy life and enjoy a high level of fitness.

 

- You must follow the official rules of the club.

 

2.- Obligations of the club

 

- The contract regulates all economic obligations

 

- Guarantees young players that they will be able to continue their non-football studies

 

- It will be agreed between the parties the payment of taxes, always complying with the legislation in force in each country.

 

Being a professional footballer

 

Here you can see the minimum standard contract in its entirety you can refer to the FIFA document.

 

Within this contract, mention is made of the compliance with the particular rules that the club has signed for, and that the player is obliged to comply with them. These are the most formal requirements.

 

But we insist that there are other requirements that if they are not met will never become a professional football player: love football and work individually after training when everyone goes home.

© 2019 Dom Tunde George


Author's Note

Dom Tunde George
Latest football predictions and tips at surebankerbets.com. The best prediction site for sure soccer prediction providing the best and most reliable football odds

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on January 26, 2019
Last Updated on January 26, 2019

Author

Dom Tunde George
Dom Tunde George

Alaska, AL



About
I am Dom Tunde George - Web Content Writer. Writing is my passion and i love writing stuff. more..

Writing