The Beast Inside

The Beast Inside

A Story by Charles Cas
"

It is a beast very few of us will ever encounter.

"

Ever since I was very young I’ve felt it inside. I’ve felt it during the day and I’ve felt it during the night. Sometimes I would think I was rid of the beast, but low and behold there it was again. I have tried my best to suppress this burden to no avail.  Only I know of its existence and it suffocates me.

                If it were not for this beast I would be average, and I somehow cannot imagine an existence such as that.  I do not know what average is and there is a good chance I never will. Whenever I open my mouth the beast is present, and I do not know how to cage it again. I feel as if this beast is my commander and I it’s recruit.

                I sometimes wish I could confide in someone about the beast, but I know that this is not possible. It will never be possible. How can anyone sympathize with the host of such a terrible beast? My subconscious knows only the beast and not me. When I stare into a mirror it is the beast that stares back at me.

                I’ve given up hope; there is no way of dis-burdening myself of this creature. I will live the rest of my days awaiting the day that I am fully consumed by this monstrosity in me. If I am to be overcome I will not make it easy. I will fight this beast to my last breath.

                I have decided to take my fight one step further. I have finally found the person that can rid me of this beast once and for all. Tomorrow I will meet with this miraculous individual, and I hope that it will be the last time I feel this thing inside of me. Tomorrow I will attempt to rid myself of my stutter. 

© 2013 Charles Cas


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Quite a build up to a farily common condition. But a pretty good story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Charles Cas

11 Years Ago

I appreciate an honest review, thank you.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
1 Review
Added on March 14, 2013
Last Updated on March 14, 2013
Tags: beast, burden, difficult, battle, struggle

Author

Charles Cas
Charles Cas

NJ



About
I write because I like putting my demons on paper. more..

Writing