The Stranger

The Stranger

A Story by Charles Cas
"

Sometimes the most familiar person in our lives is also the least known.

"
Everyday I wake up and I look in the mirror. A stranger stares back at me. I don't recognize that stranger most days, but sometimes I realize who he is. I don't know much about the stranger but the stranger knows everything about me.

I sometimes ask the stranger who he is and no response is given. I sometimes look into the stranger's eyes and I see both familiarity and the unknown. That stranger sometimes taunts me and at other times offers support. 

One day I will gather the courage to ask the stranger his identity. I want to know who the stranger truly is. I have seen the stranger every day of my life. The stranger is both my best friend and my worst enemy. The stranger in the mirror is me. 

© 2017 Charles Cas


Author's Note

Charles Cas
I haven't written in eons, so please be kind. I haven't been on this site in years, this is just a short story i wrote for the fun of it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think we all have many different faces throughout life. Sort of a role we're playing. I can relate to this. It's also mysterious. I like it.

duff

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

89 Views
1 Review
Added on February 3, 2017
Last Updated on February 3, 2017
Tags: stranger, lonely, mirror

Author

Charles Cas
Charles Cas

NJ



About
I write because I like putting my demons on paper. more..

Writing