Breath

Breath

A Story by Paige L. Brooks (Call me Andy)
"

From a day at the Hospital

"

   She came in through the glass door with her cane in hand, but steady on her feet she walked. Behind her came her twin sister. She sat her twin down with her cane and went to the front desk and handed the nurse a paper. I suppose it was for herself to get blood work done. As for her sister she was gasping for air in her seat. The sister at the desk told the nurse what had happened to her sister. The nurse went to get her colleagues. But, it toke five extra minutes for that. She sat there twisting about, moving her hand up and down, and still gasping for air. Her sister sat by her side trying to keep her calm and kept repeating, " You're gonna be alright." The nurses came out and talked for another five or ten minutes, while the woman gasped and struggled to breath. Her sister, a worried look asked the nurses what they were going to do? The nurses said they needed to take her over to the emergency room that was on the other side of the building. One nurse was sent to get a wheelchair for her and that toke another ten to twelve minutes. When they finally got the chair and seated her in it, the nurses talked for five more minutes. Finally they started to wheel her out into the hall, but the nurse at the front desk stopped the standing twin and asked, " Did you still want to see the doctor? or..?" The woman stood at the door looking from her sister to the nurse and said," No I would rather stay with my sister. I am supposed to meet the doctor next week anyways so maybe..." Interrupting the nurse said," You know we have to close the lab up next week..." The woman looked to her gasping sister and then to the nurse," Then I guess I will just have to reschedule them both because right now I have to be with her." And in a flash she was out the door and by her sisters side. The last thing I heard the woman say was," You're gonna be alright... Just breath."

 

   Minutes ticked by and that woman could have been dying... and all the nurses did was talk and did nothing. I trust in the medical profession to help those of us in need. To act and not spend precious time blathering away. I will remember those women and what had happened to them that day and if you are a nurse or doctor or know anyone who is... share this story with them. Let them know and understand that most people these days just go into the medical profession for the money. But, those of you who that... you are just being selfish and ignorant.

 

  Please do not let things like this happen. Do not let money grubbing people hurt those who you love and care for.

 

© 2010 Paige L. Brooks (Call me Andy)


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on July 14, 2010
Last Updated on July 30, 2010

Author

Paige L. Brooks  (Call me Andy)
Paige L. Brooks (Call me Andy)

Newport News, VA



About
My name is Paige, I am only 15 years old but, I am told that I am an old soul. I am a mother to most and a tower of strength to all. A hopeless romantic and a lover of the classical romance. I write m.. more..

Writing