Heres To The Future

Heres To The Future

A Story by Paige L. Brooks (Call me Andy)
"

Just another speech I wrote in my 8th grade year of middle school for no particular reason.

"
"How grand and how expressive. How extraordinary and admerable, this land I call home. Through thick and thin we live on. We battle others and ourselves. But, we survive. We are the good, the bad, the brave, and the strong. Free to be who we are. A diversity. A land of many sorrows. A land of many feelings. Each mile across this land tells a story. A story that has been through time and has no end. Our lives are not only dedicated to ourselves and each other, but to our country. No matter how strong the storm we will not back down. This land is our land and yours. We speak not only about war, love, peace, or sacrafice, but honor. These hands of so many sizes, shapes, and colors, that you see before you will pick you up when you're down. Reach out these hands and show us. Show them. That hearts lie in truth, that we will fight for the land that we call home. We shall not lay down our guns and we shall not surrender until the last shot has been fired. We are proud and almighty. We are the pure and the strong. Our differences make us strong. Our differences make us one. They make us who we are. A land of many hopes and dreams. A great history. A time we don't look back on. We don't look forward to. No. We look both ways. This is our time to shine. There is no day like today. There is no time like tomorrow. Lets look into the eyes of the future. Look them straight and say, " Hey, this is my country. This is my land. I'm leaping forward hard and heavy. So you better watch out because I'm on my way." You're on you're way? Prove it! SHow me the students of today, the leaders of tomorrow."

© 2011 Paige L. Brooks (Call me Andy)


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on August 23, 2011
Last Updated on August 23, 2011

Author

Paige L. Brooks  (Call me Andy)
Paige L. Brooks (Call me Andy)

Newport News, VA



About
My name is Paige, I am only 15 years old but, I am told that I am an old soul. I am a mother to most and a tower of strength to all. A hopeless romantic and a lover of the classical romance. I write m.. more..

Writing