Behind The Bars

Behind The Bars

A Story by Paige L. Brooks (Call me Andy)
"

Talk about a moment of clarity.

"
Its times liek these where most people loose hope. SSlowly it drains from them and they become mad. They become as mad as a man in a horror flick. Try to wash the lies and wrong doings. They try and try as they are pushed through the bars.  Sitting and waiting on the other side of those cold hard bars with others who have done the same. Waiting for their time to run out, so that they can finally be free once again. They wait for the warden to call their name. Some wait for a miracle and some just give up or don't care, Some lost their chance of freedom and will never leave to the other side of those cold bars. As soon as you think your sanity is gone you start to think of those you left behind. Your friends, your family, and all those people who looked up to you. Those bars of long cylinder iron or steel seem to mock you. Wearing your known colors of orange, navy blue, green, or stripped unifrom you walk forward. You think of a better tomorrow. You think of all the things you could have done different, At night you ly awake and think to yourself "Why?" Finally you get out of that thin beded mattress they call a bunk. You feel like screaming. You turn back to your bunk. Suddenly. you drop to your knees on the cold floor. You do something you said you'd never do again. And you prayed. For so long and so hard that you cried. You now have to spend the rest of your life in jaik for robbing the wrong house on the wrong night. Just goes to show how life can take a turn for the worst.

© 2011 Paige L. Brooks (Call me Andy)


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on August 23, 2011
Last Updated on August 23, 2011

Author

Paige L. Brooks  (Call me Andy)
Paige L. Brooks (Call me Andy)

Newport News, VA



About
My name is Paige, I am only 15 years old but, I am told that I am an old soul. I am a mother to most and a tower of strength to all. A hopeless romantic and a lover of the classical romance. I write m.. more..

Writing