If I Was In Her Shoes Then

If I Was In Her Shoes Then

A Story by Paige L. Brooks (Call me Andy)
"

My Great Aunt Fran's memorial service is this weekend. I thought about her today. Rest in peace my pretty girl.

"
You mock me behind closed doors. You send a chill down my spine and back again. You cut into me like a seraded blade. Stab me in the back you do. You think I don't see, you think Im blind. I hear you when you think Im not listening. I see you when you think my eyes are closed. You want to pull the plug on me. You want to send me up the river. You stab me in the back and cut into me not with your cruelty, but your unexpected words. It cuts into me and sets me free. You all came to me. You came to see me. You say I love you. You say goodbye. Words so sudden, words so sweet. I feel the tear come to my eye and down my frozen, motionless face. Im ready to go home. Ill see you all again. I just wish I could say, I wish I could've let you know then. I love you too.

© 2011 Paige L. Brooks (Call me Andy)


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on September 29, 2011
Last Updated on September 29, 2011

Author

Paige L. Brooks  (Call me Andy)
Paige L. Brooks (Call me Andy)

Newport News, VA



About
My name is Paige, I am only 15 years old but, I am told that I am an old soul. I am a mother to most and a tower of strength to all. A hopeless romantic and a lover of the classical romance. I write m.. more..

Writing