Conversation with the Lake

Conversation with the Lake

A Story by Kathryn Jenkins
"

This is another fight scene that stars SwordMaster Rikkin and Kerowyne from my book "Tarzinea". Hope you enjoy this is a fight scene with an uncomfortable twist.

"
He sat there next to the lake looking out at the shimmering water. Rikkin found himself waiting longer than he liked. But, he didn’t have much choice in the matter. He had to wait for the appropriate time for his brother to contact him.
The sun rose up over the lake marking mid-day. Rikkin stood up and paced to get feeling back into his stiff limbs.
“Damn I’m getting to old for this” Rikkin said.
“What are you to old for dear brother” Roulle responded.
Rikkin turned around and kneeled down on the edge of the lake. In the water a reflection of his brother shimmered in the place of his own. Roulle looked more worn from travel than the last time he saw him. There were shadows under his eyes and dirt all over his fine face.
“How is travel in the western land?” Rikkin asked.
“It has been a slow process” came Roulle. “The monk makes it harder. He always has to stop and help people who slow us down miserably.”
“Let the monk do as he does” Rikkin said. “The more he helps the more people will come to trust him and you. Do remember little brother the mission we are on, every ally helps.”
“Ya..ya I know” Roulle replied.
“How much time will it take you to reach the king?” asked Rikkin.
“We should hit the capital in a fourth night if the monk doesn’t slow us down anymore” Roulle retorted.
“That will be fine” Rikkin began. “When you reach the capital have Monk Shogun seek out a blacksmith named Jackson.”
“Very well…is that all?” Roulle asked.
“You need to seek out Lord Thomas he will help you get close to the king without notice” Rikkin said. “I want you to watch him closely these next few months. I will contact you on a weekly basis for updates on what he does.”
“Sounds like a plan see you next time” Roulle said. “Do me a favor and keep the girl in check I have heard stories about her arrogance.”
Rikkin stood there for a few moments looking at the place where moments before his brother’s image was in the water. Hmmm….I guess we both have our hands full Rikkin thought. He decided it was time to return to the castle and get back to training Kerowyne.
“I don’t know what’s worse” Rikkin began. “Having to deal with the brat or the father.”
With a smile he turned on his heels and marched back up the hill. He wondered what the next day would bring not for himself but for his brother. Deep down Rikkin didn’t want to admit but he knew something bad was about to happen. He just couldn’t put his finger on what was about to happen. All he knew was that it was starting to make his hair stand on end. “This isn’t going to be good” Rikkin said.

© 2013 Kathryn Jenkins


Author's Note

Kathryn Jenkins
I welcome all forms of criticism, especially grammar and spelling. If you see any errors please point them out so I can fix them. Thank you, please enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 8, 2013
Last Updated on September 8, 2013
Tags: Sword play, Tarzinea, fantasy

Author

Kathryn Jenkins
Kathryn Jenkins

Sioux City, IA



About
I am an aspiring writer that has a strong love for the fantasy genres. I have started my blog Dragon Knight Chronicles to help other fantasy lovers like myself to feel inspired and to help them get pu.. more..

Writing