Meet Me At Sam's

Meet Me At Sam's

A Poem by Doreen
"

For the "Picture This" writing group.

"



I can remember the upholstery in your car, black leather scorching from the summer sun, the backs of my legs feel a sunburn sting before the breeze cooled off the interior.  Your arm reached out to me as I slid closer. Your cologne teasing my senses, the warmth of your arm around my shoulders, making me feel passionately alive. Safe. I can still feel the wind in my hair - top down, we sang along to Aerosmith and Zeppelin coming from your 8 track under the dash.  We cruised the nights like we had our whole lives in front of us and didn't quite know where to take them.  The knot of regret when thinking the night would end, hating that time went speeding by faster than those miles in your convertible.  I'll never forget the way your lips felt, lingering, barely touching mine before you put your hand on my cheek and softly kissed me goodnight, thinking it would be a lifetime before I would see you again.

Then you whispered -

“Sneak out and meet me at Sam’s.”



© 2023 Doreen


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is an exquisite memory. You start by giving us a memory without a distance in time in the first two sentences (This is where I have my only suggestion, which is a comma between "down" and "before"). Then in sentence three, you orient us my showing (the 8 track music). Then you show us the folly of youth who worry about the night ending before taking us to the implied sexy ending. I find this simply ... fabulous.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Doreen

11 Years Ago

Thank you for your wonderful comment. I'm glad you liked it. :) I struggled with that same comma... read more
A short piece of writing that breathes both life, love, and passion into this young writer. I must say, I'm very impressed :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Doreen

11 Years Ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Much appreciated. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

287 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 15, 2012
Last Updated on January 14, 2023

Author

Doreen
Doreen

NJ (no, we don't say Joisey)



About
I’m a writer, a reader, a dreamer, head in the clouds, feet off the ground. I love dragons and wizards, potions and hobbits. Aquarius by nature, and a bit wacky at times. I write poetry and sho.. more..

Writing
The Coffee Shop The Coffee Shop

A Story by Doreen


Pose Pose

A Poem by Doreen


I Like I Like

A Poem by Doreen