Framed: Chapter 2

Framed: Chapter 2

A Chapter by Koyuki K.
"

The next part of the story... narrated from Sakura's point of view. Enjoy, everyone! :)

"

Dear Diary,


Hi again! It’s the last day of August, and tomorrow’s the first day of school. I’m so freaked out right now. Our new classes begin, and we’ll have new teachers and new classrooms and stuff……but on the good side, I’ll finally see Kobes again!


It’s been 3 years, I think, since I last saw her before I moved away. Vid-chatting isn’t as good as seeing someone in real life. But she’s had Jasper to keep her company, so I hope she hasn’t been too lonely. I haven’t. I’m not being mean, but I met a new girl on the plane back here. Her name’s Krystal Simmons and she’s pretty OK. Her parents work at a local crystal store in the town square and she’s learning to inherit the business. I’ve arranged for everyone " me, Krystal, Kobes, Lyulf and Jasper " to meet at Starbucks before school. Besides, it’s a new Starbucks branch. We might as well help its business.


Well, time to worry about school.


I’ve taken English, Maths, Japanese, Business, Food Tech and History. Don’t ask about the History thing. I just thought that maybe it’d help when I finally write official, gonna-be-published books. I wanted to take Music with Kobes, but all the classes were full, so I just took History. I can’t believe that so many people like taking Music……unlike Kobie, they seem to have forgotten about the theory part of the exams. =_=


At least we can still form our band at school. I won’t lose my keyboarding skills that way!


I think Kobes is bringing Natsu and Kuro along, and Jasper’s bringing Bobby. The new Starbucks allows pets, so it’d all cool. Maybe I’ll bring Redtail to meet some new friends. I just hope they aren’t too shell-shocked with his appearance. :/


Anyway. Yawn. I’m tired now. Oyasumi-nasai!


Sakura


I closed the emerald diary, adorned with black vines and leaves, and tucked it safely away, turning back to my computer screen, which was filled with different pages: my school website, a school map, a website about the newly-constructed town square near the school, and so on. There was even a recipe page for truffles which I’m not sure when I opened.


“What time are you going to school tomorrow?”


Tutting, I swung around in my chair to face the door, where my cousin Fujinami stood. Thirteen years old and beginning to understand the consequences of putting a whoopee cushion in Redtail’s basket (that wasn’t a pretty event), he and my aunt Tsubaki " Fujinami’s mom " were my only relatives.


I didn’t know they existed before, and one day, three years ago, they suddenly showed up at the doorstep with my parents’ will and plenty of documents to prove their right to be there. That was why I moved to Japan three years ago " to get everything in the will in order. Now I’m back, and so are they. And in case you ask, I don’t know what happened to my parents. One day they were there. The next day they weren’t. I was taken to an orphanage for a few weeks to be taken care of before Aunt Tsubaki arrived. In that time, I also went to school and met Kobie Rivera, now my ultimate best friend. I’d missed her loads in Japan, but at least we could still chat.


“Seven-ish, but I’m going to Starbucks to meet up with Kobes first. Why?”


Fujinami’s eyes lit up at the sound of Starbucks. “Can I come?”

I rolled my eyes. “Wait, let me ask.” Swinging back my chair, I turned to the computer and checked the list of online people. Thankfully, Kobie was online, and so were Lyulf and Krystal. With a few clicks I’d created a group conversation.


Sakura: Hey, Fujinami wants 2 come w/ us tmr 2 Starbucks. D’you guys mind??


Krystal: Who?


Kobie: Fujinami is Sak’s cousin. He’s the cutest kid in the world. X3 ‘Course he can come!


Lyulf: How old is he?? Can he play WoW???


Kobie: -.-


Sakura: =_= Lyulf, he’s 13.


Lyulf: Gah. I’ll just play WoW w/ Jasper then.


I turned back to Fujinami, who waited impatiently for my answer. “You can come, but no caffeine, okay? Just milkshakes.”


“Yes!” Fujinami ran over, gave me a hug, and skipped out again, whistling cheerily. Twittering, Redtail crawled out of his basket at the corner of my bed and padded after him, his claws clinking on the wooden floor.


Krystal: R we allowed 2 bring pets 2 the café?


Kobie: Yup. I’m bringing Natsu and Kuro, and I think Jasper’s bringing Bobby. How ‘bout you, Sak?


Sakura: Bringing Redtail. What pet have you got, Krystal?


Krystal: Cat. What breed is Redtail??


Sakura: It’s a secret. ;) I’ll show you tmr, k? Gotta go now. TTYL, and see ya tmr~


Quickly I logged out of the chatroom before any of them could reply, and shut off my computer. Tomorrow was going to be perfect. It’s got to be.


Well, maybe one flaw.


No one whom I was meeting at Starbucks knew what breed Redtail was. Maybe I should’ve told them.


After all, you can’t just bring a red panda " an actual Ailurus fulgens " into a normal Starbucks, can you?



© 2011 Koyuki K.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on December 18, 2011
Last Updated on December 18, 2011
Tags: koyuki kazehana sakura kobie run


Author

Koyuki K.
Koyuki K.

Hong Kong, Tin Hau, Hong Kong



Writing