Instead of Intro

Instead of Intro

A Chapter by Vladislav Kurdyukov

John was still a middle-aged bachelor who rented a spacious one-room apartment in North Hollywood. On the one hand, these were the outskirts of the city, but there were many calls from there since not the most prosperous families lived here. Arriving at the call was possible without standing in traffic jams under the scorching sun and this was a definite plus for John. Another reason was that he had exactly the needed amount of money for paying rent, buying food, clothes and very rarely for drinks. Not far from his house, almost a few blocks away, has been his favorite pizzeria: Miro SRO Pizza (New York Style Pizza & Pies) in which pizzaiolos from New York City prepared the “real and unique” pizza of the Big City. He knew it was a lie, and the guys had only recently arrived from Mexico and lived in the same block as John, but their pizza was quite decent, and most importantly, he was given loans if needed.

John himself practically didn’t change in appearance: he was of medium build, his face was decorated not only with a scar but also with several day stubble. Nervous work added a little gray hair to him ... although, in truth, the skin of his face became healthy in color: refusal from smoking made itself felt. His character, habits, and style of behavior remained unchanged and in his actions he didn’t seek any new motivation other than helping common people.



© 2020 Vladislav Kurdyukov


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

14 Views
Added on March 20, 2020
Last Updated on March 20, 2020
Tags: DC, Constantine, John Constantine, Action, Adventure, Detective, Occultism, Drama, Fanfiction