Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Duckitron
"

The beginning of a story I will hopefully not abandon.

"
Billy's mother sighed as she pulled up to the school in her old station wagon.  Billy was in the backseat, trembling violently, his eyes reflecting the anxiety he was feeling.  She smiled at him.  She hoped he would have a good first day of school.  The neighborhood he lived in didn't have much children his age.  The only interactions he'd had with another kid his age was with his imaginary friend, Alice.  Billy's mother gave him an encouraging smile, and Billy slowly pulled on the door handle.  He let the door sit ajar for a few seconds, and then slowly walked out.
So far, Billy wasn't having as bad of a day as he thought it would be.  He didn't make any new friends, but he had been treated badly because of it.  He was about to sit down when he noticed the crowd of kids in the middle of the playground.  There were only a couple of kids not there, in fact.  Billy motioned for Alice to follow him, and slowly slid in the back of the crowd.
There was a fourth grader standing in the middle of the crowd, clearing his throat.  He called for attention, and the playground became dead silent.  He began to speak, with the kindergartners hanging on his every word.  "Attention, younglings!  I have come here today to give you the opportunity to join the army for Lincoln Elementary!  With all of you, Horus Elementary stands no chance!"
Children cheered, and kids from 1st to 3rd grade clapped vigorously, while Billy sat there, dumbstruck.  What was this boy talking about?  He looked at Alice, who simply shrugged, her whole dress bouncing with the small movement in her shoulders.  He wondered if this had anything to do with those Nerf wars kids were having in the park across the street.  Billy had never paid any attention to it.  The fourth grader began speaking again.  "Anyone who wishes to join our legion must talk to the fourth graders, our high council!  Then, we will begin your training after school at Rosebush Park!"
While everyone cheered, Billy simply stood there.  It sounded so much fun, but he wanted to do anything BUT talk to a big kid!
Recess was almost done, and the other kindergartners had already talked to the fourth graders, and were now talking about how much fun they were going to have.  Billy was simply swinging by himself, trying to put himself in his comfort zone.  The fourth grader that was talking earlier started swinging on the swing next to him.  "Hello," he said.  "Hi," Billy mumbled.
"My name's Tom.  What's yours?"
"..."
"What?  I couldn't hear you."
"Billy"
"Well, Billy I saw you were interested in joining our game, but you didn't talk to any of the fourth graders."
"I don't really like to talk to people."
"Why is that?"
"...I dunno."
"Then you don't have to be nervous.  Meet me in the park after school, okay?"
"Do I have to?"
"Yes.  You have nothing to be afraid of."
"But I don't have any friends."
"I'm your friend."
"Okay, but what do I do?"
"It's simple.  You see, in this game, our school is one army and Horus elementary is our enemy army.  We have Nerf guns, swords, and other stuff.    Get killed, and your out of the game.  You can only play if you're in elementary school.  So this is my last year.  So are you coming?"
"Okay."
"Alright, see you later,"  Tom said as he got off the swings.  Billy waved.
After school, Billy walked to, the park, holding Alice's hand.  As he approached, his imagination transformed the area into an entirely different place.  The playground became a castle.  Streets became roads.  The park was a kingdom.  He saw Tom waving to him as he slowly approached...


© 2012 Duckitron


Author's Note

Duckitron
Now most of the story will be in his imagination. The world is like medieval times, except with guns. Any kids war has Nerf guns. Duh.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I also hope you don't abandon this! I like how you are putting the point of view. Making it so creative is just...wow. It is showing childhood in it's most innocent days.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Duckitron

11 Years Ago

Now that Billy is in the imagination world (where his name is William), I'm gonna have to keep that .. read more
This is how a real writer writes(:

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ooh. This is quite interesting so far.

Posted 11 Years Ago


it's a good start. And yes i acually read it now.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Duckitron

11 Years Ago

Thank you, Shania.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 25, 2012
Last Updated on September 25, 2012
Tags: Prologue, Child's, Play


Author

Duckitron
Duckitron

Atlantis, MN



About
Well...I like fun writing. Just things on my mind. Meh. I also like Doctor Who. And other things. NERDY things. more..

Writing