My Response to The Common Word Website

My Response to The Common Word Website

A by Paladin4life
"

This is my reaction to a touchy feely liberal website making an attempt to say Christians and Muslims beliefs are compatible and in many cases identical

"

 

Colt Vaughn
Wednesday, April 09, 2008
Cultural Diversity
Dr. Anderson
Response to the Common Word Website
            Upon completion of the assigned readings, I must admit that I am irritated by this reading. Islam and Christianity may hold similar values but the belief systems are not the same, and most importantly contrary to what the document tries to say, we do not worship the same deity. It is true that both religions are monotheistic, but Jehovah and Allah are not the same god. The readings keep saying that we worship the same god and believe similar things. They say we can all work together. This is not the case. Islam denies the deity of Jesus Christ. They keep saying we all believe in the one god. I believe in the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost together are the One God, but that is not Allah.
            I know that it is said that Allah means God, but that does not mean it is the same one. Allah was actually the deity worshiped by Muhammad’s tribe. Allah was a moon god and originally they worshiped a goddess (Allah’s wife) as well. I believe that Muslims have equal rights, are equally human, and equally everything else, but they are not my spiritual allies. As far as what they preach and what I preach we stand opposed.
I am called by God to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Muslims try to bring people to Allah. The book of John chapter 14 verse 6 says that Jesus Christ is the way the truth and the life. Jesus goes on to say that no man can come to the Father, but by Him. It is my responsibility in this world to tell people the truth. I can not join hands with Muslims and announce to people that it is a good religion, because only a personal relationship with Jesus Christ will redeem mankind.
Islam claims that their scriptures are the final revelation and fix what all of those before them messed up. This is untrue. The New Testament fulfilled the prophecies of the Old Testament, but the Qur'an goes against both the New Testament and the Old. Paul warns future generations in Galatians not to heed either man or angel that comes with a new message. Muhammad is just one of the many false prophets of which both Paul and Jesus warned would come.
They say that we must come together for there to be peace, but there will not be a world-wide sustainable peace until the Prince of Peace (Jesus Christ) returns to the earth to set up His Kingdom. I believe we are living in the last days. There will be more fighting and more blood shed the closer we come to the day of Christ’s return. I do not hate Muslims or any other religious group, but I do stand opposed to their beliefs as they do mine. It is my hope and prayer that all of the world (including people of all faiths) will have the opportunity to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ preached in truth through the power of the Holy Spirit and will be saved. I know that not all people will, but I at least want all to have the opportunity.
I know I probably sound pompous in this response, but I am not. I am reminded of the story of Elijah and the prophets of Baal. The prophets were sincere in their worship of Baal, and he was sincere in his worship of Jehovah God. Many souls were in the balance between the two, and Elijah said Let the god that answers by fire be God. That is what I am calling for. Let the Muslims worship and serve their god, and let Christians worship and serve ours. My God still has the power to prove that He is the one true God, not a mere deity over one particular substance. In the end all of humanity will know that Jesus Christ is the one true God and all people will bow before Him and proclaim that He alone is Lord.      

© 2009 Paladin4life


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Featured Review

preach! seriously, people do need to see the differences. this was well written and well explained, i think for a reader that wouldn't know the depths, just the basics. it's good that you are strong-willed about this. you say you might sound "pompous" in the response, but you don't�you're just sharing the truth with those who don't know it. i extremely dislike when people try to dub me as some over-religious, judgmental, legalistic Christian. that's not the way i am at all. i'm the most open person when it comes to hearing others out and befriending them. i won't tolerate sinful people, i will call them out, but i won't hate them for being lost in their sinful nature like we all have been. Jesus. oh what a wonderful person to talk about and to tell the world about. keep it up! great job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

preach! seriously, people do need to see the differences. this was well written and well explained, i think for a reader that wouldn't know the depths, just the basics. it's good that you are strong-willed about this. you say you might sound "pompous" in the response, but you don't�you're just sharing the truth with those who don't know it. i extremely dislike when people try to dub me as some over-religious, judgmental, legalistic Christian. that's not the way i am at all. i'm the most open person when it comes to hearing others out and befriending them. i won't tolerate sinful people, i will call them out, but i won't hate them for being lost in their sinful nature like we all have been. Jesus. oh what a wonderful person to talk about and to tell the world about. keep it up! great job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)

Stats

170 Views
1 Review
Added on May 15, 2009
Last Updated on May 15, 2009

Author

Paladin4life
Paladin4life

Kingsport, TN



About
Greetings! I am a 28 year old born again Christian, preacher of the gospel of Jesus Christ, as well as the owner of a B.A degree in Psychology. I read the Bible more than anything else, because I base.. more..

Writing
Beloved Beloved

A Poem by Paladin4life