Little Escape Artist

Little Escape Artist

A Story by dw817
"

I've hadda pet Hamster for a few months now. He plans a daring escape when I'm carrying him and trip on my steps going downstairs - the rest is covered in the story.

"


   Little Escape Artist   
 


Want to read this in a different language ?
Change the TO field to your own country and after going
HERE






THE LITTLE ESCAPE ARTIST


* * *

This story is Rated: EVERYONE

[Click for Video]

Yep, that's my nutter now, and that is a video I recorded of him. After my cat Pumpkin passed away from kidney failure I was really wondering if I was cut out to be a pet owner.

Anyways, that was a few years ago and I feel better now. Rose my G/F has 8-cats she takes care of and she manages to do just fine with them.

So this story takes place a few days ago. Hamsters are SUPER really good at escaping I found ! I learned that quick when he got away from me one time and cause (as Chris says) my room is a toy store, he had all kindsa good places to hide and stuff around my boxes and junk.

Hadn't heard from for 6-days then scritch-scratch in my closet. I was worried he was gonna die in there or something so I cleaned it out and saw him there ! But he was fast and ran through a hole I knows wasn't there before, he CHEWED through the wall and made it.

I stayed up late to try and catch and finally I saw him near my toes ! I caught him and put him back in the cage. Chris helped me caulk up the hole he dug in there.

Well, he escaped 2-days ago again ! Now I normally let him play in the bathtub upstairs at night cause he really seems to like it in there and he can't get away and anyways I slipped on the steep steps going down from my bedroom and the cup I was carrying him went oomph and flying !

Fortunately me or he wasn't hurt but he sniffed around on the carpet for like a second afores I could get to him and quick as a wink he found a little spot near the stairs that had a hole you could stick 3 of your fingers in. Man he sure knew how to find those hiding places.

Darnit I just got through catching him from last time ! Well I knew he was gonna chomping a hole back through my closet again so I was gonna be needing to empty it out AGAIN but I decided to do that after Carlos my Godfather headed out (tomorrow).

And, as you can see I caught the nutter-butt before then so something must've happened else till then.

It was late at night, I was heating up some tea in the kitchen in the microwave and guess I forgot about it and I was piddle-pomming on the computer in the living room.

I finally remembered my tea and went back to the kitchen. Thought I heard a noise but couldn't be certain. Put in a sweet n low and then heard it again. A scritch-scratching sound.

My hamster was hiding out in the kitchen ! I started to investigate but it was all quiet. I knew if I moved too much stuff he'd get away again.

So I sat down on the floor and was real quiet. Minutes gone by. Finally I saw one of the plastic bags from the store move slightly cause there's lots of them.

I had that sucker and knew right where he was !

I moved really quiet-like and scooted stuff around and BOY could he run ! I kept my hands and feet out to try and stop him from running under the fridge or I'd lose him.

I moved the bags and sprays and window cleaning junk all away and finally I got backed up against the cabinet and was JUMPING. I never seen him jump befores and he bared his teeth at me and everything !

I know he was cornered and all but MAN was he fierce looking for sucha little guy !

I didn't pick him up but finally scooped him in a cup and he got all friendly again sniffing around and smiling and stuff. I patted him on the back of the head and brought him back to his cage.

Well hamsters are sorta like chipmunks I found out and they got room in their cheeks for nuts and stuff so he whorfed down all the food I had in his bowl and went up and down the stairs in his cage trying to find a way to get out for HOURS.

But - he wasn't gonna. In the morning, all was well. He had put the meal in his secret place and was sleeping up in the corner.

Rose said DO NOT let him out again until I see her so - no more hamster romps in the bathtub.


Since then he's been very well-behaved and now walks right onto my hand and lets me pet and feed him there.




Return back HOME


  You are Earth Visitor #  



© 2013 dw817


Author's Note

dw817

Have you ever had a small pet escape from you ?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is something new to me, but then I'm 65 and don't get out much. Not the hamster that's new, you understand, but the style of writing. And on that, I found it whimsical and entertaining. Hopefully, you won't mind if I call it "cute". In all, you do very nice work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

dw817

10 Years Ago

Wow ! Thanks ! I was thinking about posting another story tomorrow about a crazy time I had at a gro.. read more



Reviews

Amazing

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

dw817

10 Years Ago

Wow, that is a really cute avatar. Is that Wonder Woman kissing Batman ? *Grin*
And yes, the l.. read more
Hatchling

10 Years Ago

Wow
dw817

10 Years Ago

... and you changed your Avatar again. But that's fine. I see some people do that in here. I was thi.. read more
This is something new to me, but then I'm 65 and don't get out much. Not the hamster that's new, you understand, but the style of writing. And on that, I found it whimsical and entertaining. Hopefully, you won't mind if I call it "cute". In all, you do very nice work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

dw817

10 Years Ago

Wow ! Thanks ! I was thinking about posting another story tomorrow about a crazy time I had at a gro.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Author

dw817
dw817

Fort Worth, TX



About
more..

Writing