Letter #1

Letter #1

A Story by Amorette Duvannes
"

This isn't a love letter or... any letter, really. I don't know, just read it.

"
I wanted you to be proud of me. To swell, a little bit. I wanted you to elate to a point where your rounded, piggy stomach furred. I didn't work to deserve your pride - and God knows, you really ought not to give it - but when I am me, in the only place I can, I wanted so much just for you to have been proud of me. 
I come across as quite sickly and timid when you stride past me in the pale corridor. You sometimes flippantly ask me if I'm okay, why do I look so lost, et cetera. I wish my voice didn't do that thing where it revolted back into the oesophagus and come out like wet feet on dry sand. I wish I didn't crackle and screech, because I really just want you to think that I am altogether very collected, and I don't want you to know about how I feel. Especially not before there's a word for it.
I do not love you, but nor do I progress forward with a simple platonic liking for you, either. But I am frightfully obsessed with you and look for you everywhere. And I want, of course, for you to be proud of me. Maybe I relate to you? But I don't think I'm enough for that yet, either. And that's a very assumptive thing to carry, to relate to one. 
Oh, Hell knows I wanted to talk to you about books and poetry and the things I am bettering my cheap adolescence with and that which you have made a life for yourself in finance; but any attempt at a voluntary intercourse with you would mean that my voice would crack and fray and I would be lost.
If I have one curse, then maybe yours is just a byproduct of the first. Maybe my conversational skills come to you like pulling teeth. I'm no wizard. I really wanted you to be proud of me.

© 2014 Amorette Duvannes


Author's Note

Amorette Duvannes
This isn't a love letter or... any letter, really. I don't know, just read it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on January 24, 2014
Last Updated on January 24, 2014
Tags: letter, prose, prosetry, prose poetry

Author

Amorette Duvannes
Amorette Duvannes

About
Oh, aren't I silly - I'm just so silly. more..

Writing