Letter #2

Letter #2

A Story by Amorette Duvannes

I need everyone to love me, all at once, right now. And that's why I can't look you in the eye, or why the heartbeat in my throat races ahead of the words and then I end up knee-less and faltered in front of you - a sickening prospect. I've said it before - I only ever wanted to be something you looked on like silver. I would be the gold. I would be untarnished, for you - not out of love. Out of a word of an emotion that hasn't been created yet. 
I had a dream. It was for you and the book I am reading. I don't know which I love more - I wish there would be an opportunity for me to talk to you about it. I would be gold then.
Today, I gave you one idea. And you smiled and looked proud and gave my ego plenty of nutrition, and I smiled and tried to pretend it wouldn't be the only thing skipping through my head as I waltzed home. I was wrong, evidently - I stroked home like a dark streak. The Elitists were being god-darned awful. And for the one brilliance that came out of me today - there was a million silent extremes. And you hated me for that - I could lie, pretend, or deny that it ever existed - but I came from the Silent Corner and you were either mocking or despising me, and I won't make the decision about which I'd prefer.

© 2014 Amorette Duvannes


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Love Me Not
1986, Penny Herrera falls into the predatory clutches of Matt, an older man who has no other intention than to alter Pen

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. You are really a great writer. This grabbed my attention immediately. You really have the power to convey emotion.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Amorette Duvannes

10 Years Ago

Thank you so very much, that is lovely of you to say! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 4, 2014
Last Updated on February 4, 2014
Tags: letter, prose, prosetry, prose poetry

Author

Amorette Duvannes
Amorette Duvannes

About
Oh, aren't I silly - I'm just so silly. more..

Writing