A (FP)- Chapter 1

A (FP)- Chapter 1

A Chapter by Angie Diane♥♥

Chapter 1

                “Mommy, mommy,” I saw myself at six years old say.

                “Your mother is gone and is never coming back,” An unknown voice exclaimed.

                I jolted up in bed and felt cold sweat dripping down my back. My long black hair fell into my face. I looked over to the side of me and kind of smiled. On my nightstand sat a picture of my mother. She had a bright smile on her face. I could just imagine my mother on that day. It was the day that we were going to the amusement park. It was the first time that I was ever going to an amusement park. I could feel tears start to form up in my eyes. Thinking of mother had always made me weepy. Ten years have passed since my mother’s tragic death. The police had never found out what happened to her. I knew that they were not able to find anything so that lead the case to become cold.

                My father was ruled out as a suspect when I turned seven years old. Normally they would always go for the spouse first. They couldn’t find any reason to rule him as a suspect in the first place. My mother and father had a very loving relationship. I was ruled out as a suspect as well because I was only six at the time. I didn’t even know how to wield a knife or any other type of weapon for that matter. Not that I ever wanted to wield a knife or any other type of weapon. I knew that the case had gone cold because I watch a lot of crime shows. I also knew that they would reopen the case if they could find any more evidence to help piece together what happened that night. Hopefully they do find a reason to reopen the case. I want to know what happened to my mother. That was the question on everyone’s mind.

                I could feel myself starting to shake because of the dream I had. That dream ended up becoming a reoccurring nightmare. I was plagued by it since I was seven and a half years old. I still have it over and over again. I saw myself when I was six years of age screaming for my mother. Then I would hear a voice telling me that “she was never coming back”. I have known that she was never coming back for ten years now. That wasn’t something that I wanted to remember.

                I knew that at some point I was going to have to get out of bed. I really didn’t want to, but I knew I would get in trouble with Dad if I didn’t. I walked over to the mirror, looked at myself, and laughed. My hair was standing up all over the place as normal. I picked up the comb off my dresser and combed it back into place.

                I heard a knock on the door and my father entered my room. I got a close look at him. He looked like he had bags under his eyes. Father hasn’t been getting enough sleep lately. His job kept him up at all hours of the night.

                “Good morning, Aidan, I have to get to work early today. My boss called me last night and told me that they already had a new case for me to work on,” my father said. I just nodded. After my mother died my father started his new profession. He became a medical examiner. He took the inspiration from my mother’s death to help other families find out what happened to their own loved ones.

                “Alright, Dad, I will see you when you come home tonight. What time do you expect to be home exactly? I will have dinner ready by then,” I told him. Around the age of ten I started to get interested in cooking. Most likely because I was used to having home cooked meals waiting for me to when I came home from school. Another reason was because after Mom died dad would just buy fast food every day. I was just getting tired of it so I decided to start cooking.

                I noticed that after mom’s death I became a lot quieter and less outgoing. When I was a child I was always outgoing. I guess being depressed for a while had done that to a person. My Dad took me to doctor’s when I was eight because I was always down. They had told him that I had depression, but what would he really expect? I lost my mother at the age of six. Sometimes the antidepressants would help and other times they would make it worse. It always got to the point of where I was thinking of killing myself. Then my doctor would change the prescription or higher the dosage. Whatever had worked at the time was what made my father happy. He didn’t want to lose his only child.

                “I will be home around eight or nine. I will see you later,” my dad told me. I sighed a little bit. I hated that he worked so much. Well he wanted to provide for me as much as he could. I knew that was the reason he was working so hard. I still wished that he would take a break sometimes.

                I was alone in the house and I was starting to get hungry. I was looking around the kitchen for something good. I just decided to cook because well like I said I like cooking. I remember a time when I was a lot younger that a babysitter used to come take care of me. I remembered that she had such terrible cooking that I never wanted her to come back. I didn’t want to be a bother to my father so I just accepted her.

                I picked out what I wanted for breakfast which ended up being eggs and turkey bacon. I was sad that I was only cooking for myself. My Dad did enjoy my cooking and I loved when he gave me good compliments about my food. When I finished eating breakfast I heard my telephone ring. I sighed because I really didn’t want to answer it. I hated answering the phone. I wonder who would call at nine o’clock in the morning. I answered the phone anyway although I really didn’t want to.

                “Hello,” I said into the phone. I tried to guess who was calling. Maybe it as a telemarketer or maybe it’s someone for my dad. Dad always received calls. Most of them were from his boss.

                “Hey Aidan, it’s Randy, I wanted to know if you wanted to hang out today,” I heard my best friend say on the other end. He had been my best friend since before I could remember. I should have known it was him calling this early. Randy was the complete opposite from me. He was the only person that I knew could understand me. I was never able to hide anything from him because he could tell when I was lying. I was glad that he was able to tell because I had no other friend that I could possibly tell anything to.

                “Sure, where did you want to go today?” I asked him.

                “I was thinking about going to the roller skating rink to see if any pretty ladies are there,” Randy said. I tried to keep from chuckling, but I was unsuccessful.

                “You mean you want to see your girlfriend, right? You do know I don’t have a girlfriend right now. Nor do I want one at the moment,” I told him knowing he was probably trying to set me up with someone. He always tried to set me up with any pretty girl we saw at the rink. I had to admit I couldn’t bear the thought of having a girlfriend. It’s not that I believed in cooties, but I didn’t feel comfortable around girls all that much. Randy normally insisted that I go on dates, but I refused. That was not something that I was ready for. It was just something that could wait for me. I was shy and it would have been way too awkward.

                “Yes, I want to see her. I haven’t seen her since last week. I have been too busy to visit with her this week. I don’t want to go alone,” Randy said to me. I should have known he didn’t want to go alone. He was weird like that. I never understood why he wouldn’t want to spend time with her alone. They had been going out for a while now. He should be comfortable around her, but I shouldn’t be talking. I am not comfortable around any girl that I am forced to go on a date with because of Randy.

                “Randy, I’ll go, but you have to promise me that you won’t hook me up with some girl. You know I hate when you do that. I always get embarrassed because I never know what to say when I’m around her. It is always awkward when I try to have a conversation with her. It makes the day unbearable for everyone.”

                “I promise I won’t set you up with someone,” Randy said sounding clearly disappointed. I sighed again because for all I know Randy had someone in mind. That was never a good sign for me. I didn’t want to even think about who he had in mind.

                “I’m going to get ready. See you in a little while,” I responded. We said our goodbyes and I went up to take a shower. I knew I was probably going to regret going to the roller rink with Randy. I would always get some girl that would want to give me their number, but I would refuse to take it. I would never call or text the girls back. Also I was better at skate boarding. Roller skating had never been my thing. It was funny to watch me attempt doing anything I was not used to. I fell on my butt more times than I could count.

                While I was in the shower my mother entered my mind. I didn’t know how to get her off of my mind. I figured it was because the dream triggered a memory inside of my head. I always hated having that dream. It would always bring up memories of my mother. When I was younger I used to have it every night. I would wake up and scream. My dad would rush in to try to help me calm down, but I knew in the back of my mind I really wanted my mother. I knew that I couldn’t ever feel her embrace again. I didn’t understand why the dream was all of a sudden popping up. I haven’t had it in a couple of months which I'm pretty surprised about. 

                “Maybe the dream is trying to tell me something. It could be trying to tell me something really important, but I don’t know what. I can’t dwell on this. I need to get ready for hanging out with Randy and his girlfriend,” I thought to myself. I sighed at the thought of hanging out with the love struck couple. I put my face in the water to get me back into reality. I loved getting my hair wet while I was in the shower. For some reason water running through my hair had calmed me down a lot as a child. My father would rub my back to calm me down as well. That normally helped too. Probably because I knew someone was there for me.

                When I got out of the shower I dressed in my regular attire. That normally consisted of a black shirt with black trick pants. My favorite color was black and my hair was naturally black. I have never had to dye my hair once. I was thinking of putting red streaks in it, but I don’t know if I want to do that yet. Randy always had to dye his hair. He would always dye his hair dark brown. He naturally had dirty blonde hair, but he didn’t like that. He always thought he looked bad with it, but he never did honestly. I tried to convince him that he looked fine, but he never believed me. That was typical Randy for you.

                When I was ready I walked out of the house and I walked over to the roller rink to wait for Randy and his girl to arrive. I was just thinking of my mother the whole of time I was walking. When I arrived at the roller rink I knew that Randy wasn’t there yet. He was always late and that bothered me. I hated being outside of places alone for various reasons.



© 2015 Angie Diane♥♥


Author's Note

Angie Diane♥♥
Just let me know what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

385 Views
Added on February 10, 2013
Last Updated on June 13, 2015


Author

Angie Diane♥♥
Angie Diane♥♥

Not like you need to know..., NJ



About
Name: Angie Diane Age: 22 Birthday: You can guess. -.- I don't feel like telling anyone... Add me on facebook if you want... https://www.facebook.com/BlackedHearted Also just let me know that.. more..

Writing