Aidan: More Secrets and Lies (FP) Prologue

Aidan: More Secrets and Lies (FP) Prologue

A Chapter by Angie Diane♥♥

Prologue

I’m standing in front of my father’s casket. Tears are streaming down my face. Will is holding my hand tightly. I feel little comfort in that gesture. Will is crying as well.  Aunt Mary and Uncle Peter are having a hard time keeping their tears at bay.  I know they want to be strong for me. I can still hardly believe that my father committed suicide in front of me. Why would he leave me by myself? I know I said those horrible things to him, but I didn’t think he would end his life. I also still can’t believe that Dad helped kill Mom…

            No one ever thought that my Dad would go through with something like this. Now I have lost both of my parents. I really feel alone in this world because two of the most important people in my life are gone. Although my father helped murder my mother I still loved him. He was still my father and he was the only one I was ever going to have.

            The only thing that is on my mind right now is my father, mother, and my father’s suicide. I honestly blame myself for my father’s death. If I hadn’t been snooping around I wouldn’t have found out my father’s secret. I wouldn’t have witnessed him committing suicide. I believe that Dad was mentally unstable before all of this. I honestly feel like this is what pushed him over the edge...

            I could feel myself starting to tense up and that caused Will to squeeze my hand harder. Will was trying really hard to be supportive. I could tell how worried he was about me. He didn’t want me to blame myself. How could I not though?

            “Aidan, are you sure you want to live with us? I know it’s going to be hard on you…since we only live a block away from your old home…I just want to make absolutely sure you’re okay with that. Uncle Peter and I really want to support you through this tough time,” Aunt Mary told me while grabbing my shoulder. I nodded, but didn’t really say anything. I haven’t been inside my house since my father’s death. I have been staying with Randy or Aunt Mary as much as possible. I didn’t want to be alone. I know I shouldn’t be alone at all if I’m truly honest with myself. I know that first thing in the morning I’m going to be packing up everything I own. It’s going to be hard stepping foot in the house…it really is. My aunt and uncle were going to try to sell the house after it was all cleaned up and repainted. That is what they told me the day before the funeral.

            “Yes, we would really love for you to live with us,” Uncle Peter told me while finally letting the tears fall. I just stood there, my shoulders slumped, and tears were still streaming down my face. At least I knew that I was going to be somewhere I felt wanted. I was happy that I knew I had family that was going to be able to help me cope through everything. Well…I hope they can help me cope through it. Sadness is overwhelming me. I know this sadness will never go away since I lost my own flesh in blood…also the fact that he committed suicide right in front of me didn’t help that fact.

            A few moments later I felt a hug from behind me. I smiled a little bit. Randy and Chloe just arrived. I know I’m going to need them and the rest of my family to help me through this.

            “I’m very sorry for your loss, Aidan,” Randy said giving me a hug. I could tell he was a little bit uncomfortable hugging me, but he still did it anyways. We almost never hug each other. Only time we hug is if one of us is going through something hard. This definitely qualifies as hard. 

            “Thank you, Randy,” I said quietly. It was the first thing that I’ve said all day.

            “You need the support, Aidan. All of your friends and family willing to support you no matter what,” Chloe told me. I nodded at her and gave her another hug. I could tell that she was trying to give me strength. She really is a great friend.

            An hour later we needed to go to the graveyard for my father to be buried. I watched as they put my father’s casket in the ground to be laid to rest. Some people had spoken a few words about my father. I couldn’t help but cry when I heard the nice things they were saying about him. I was glad that my father was loved even until the end. It just showed me that he still had a good side to him even though he had done something terrible.

            As soon as the funeral ended I really didn’t want to be around anyone anymore. I needed to be on my own for a while so I took off down the road. I know that it probably scared everyone. They were probably very worried about me. I just couldn’t stand being near the funeral home or the graveyard anymore. I needed to get away…

            “Aidan,” I heard Randy call after me, but I couldn’t even turn back…I just couldn’t…



© 2020 Angie Diane♥♥


Author's Note

Angie Diane♥♥
Ignore grammatical errors for now. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
Added on January 31, 2020
Last Updated on January 31, 2020


Author

Angie Diane♥♥
Angie Diane♥♥

Not like you need to know..., NJ



About
Name: Angie Diane Age: 22 Birthday: You can guess. -.- I don't feel like telling anyone... Add me on facebook if you want... https://www.facebook.com/BlackedHearted Also just let me know that.. more..

Writing